YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new, but dived once, pair of DUI Rock Boots.
Size USA 11.
Way too big for me.
I'd have returned them to underwater explorers, but that would have meant missing a dive.

I'd sell for £45.

:)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I have a new, but dived once, pair of DUI Rock Boots.
Size USA 11.
Way too big for me.
I'd have returned them to underwater explorers, but that would have meant missing a dive.

I'd swap them for a good condition USA size 9. Yes, they're that much too big. My normal shoe size is a UK 10.
You sure? UK 10 IS a US 11. I wear US 9 Rock boots and my shoe size is UK 8

·
Doing it Manx
278 Posts
Have you got the newer style ones where the laces run through tabs rather than brass lace holes ? If so, they do seem a bit larger than the size would suggest. If you're interested in a pair of old style US size 11s, drop me a PM - they fit me fine - size 9 with arctic socks.

Cheers
D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you got the newer style ones where the laces run through tabs rather than brass lace holes ? If so, they do seem a bit larger than the size would suggest. If you're interested in a pair of old style US size 11s, drop me a PM - they fit me fine - size 9 with arctic socks.
Yep, mine are the newer style. I don't think they'll have changed the size that much between styles (if that's happened) so I think that a 10 is the largest I'd try.
My undersocks are Othree PBB and my drysuit is an Ri 2-100. Maybe the Othree stuff is just that much thinner.

·
Doing it Manx
278 Posts
Hi Jackdiver

I wonder if your boots have the wrong size label on them? My US11s measure 305mm along the bottom of the sole if this helps. US size 9 sounds too small for someone who's a UK size 10.

Cheers
D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They don't fit me, but I'm sure they'll fit someone... ;)

My OTB Abyss boots (UK size 10) are a great fit though...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi All,

I've got a O3 Ri200 suit and have been considering getting the boots off and fitting their Abyss boots.

They also tell me they have new suit boots with straps.

Be very interested in your feed back.

Cheers.

Marc D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
What I wanted to achieve with soft socks and rock boots was a secure fit, and a reduction in air pocket around my feet.

I had a good look at the new boots with straps, but thought that soft sock were still the forward for me.

O3 make the soft socks indidually for each customer.
I tried on there demo socks then had mine made up to half size that would give the fit I wanted.

I originally went for the DUI boots, as a cheaper option than the OTB.
That's not worked out too well as I now have both...

OTB boots are great, it's like having walking boots on.
Some people have said there heavy, but I don't find them to be.
At the end of the day, O'Three have done a superb job fitting the socks to my Ri 2-100 and OTB boots live up to my expectations.
I'm very happy i've had this done, it's achieved what I wanted, and I wish I'd done it years ago when I brought the suit.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Cheers Jack

I was thinking along the same lines of less air pockets.

I wear Turtle fins as recommended by 03 so this could make me heavy in the feet end.

At present I've switched to CCR and found that I need go dive with floaty feet in order to gain horizontal trim.

Marc D

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm using Hollis F1's and I'm also CCR.
I have no problems with horizontal trim, but then I find that trim is related to centre of mass, so I look at the whole unit/kit/cylinder placement.
Removing an air void at my feet wasn't so much about floaty feet, as it was about taking away the possibility of air to migrate part way through a dive.
This makes trim more consistent for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So... after all that are the boots still available?

I'm a shoe size UK 10.5, so the guides recommend me either an 11 or 12.
But then are yours really a US 11?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts