YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

As I've a major birthday approaching (errr....21!!:embarassed: ) SWMBO has said that she'll buy me a nice fancy drysuit!! WooHOO!!

Only thing is I'm stuck between the DUI TLS 350 and the CNSE. Both work out to about the same price (with the options!) but I'm completely stuck as to which one to get.

The TLS (DUI - TLS350 Drysuits for SCUBA diving) I'd just have pockets installed.

The CNSE (DUI - CNSE - Drysuits for SCUBA diving) I'd have pockets, suspenders and a warm neck collar added.

So the suits work out to the same price (within about 100 of each other) so has anyone any comments on which is best? I'll mostly be diving from ribs with the odd trip to Scapa or a wreck here or there. So mostly in the 30 - 50 m range.

All opinions gratefully received!! (Let's face it, I wouldn't be asking here if they weren't!! :) )

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Hey,

As I've a major birthday approaching (errr....21!!:embarassed: ) SWMBO has said that she'll buy me a nice fancy drysuit!! WooHOO!!

Only thing is I'm stuck between the DUI TLS 350 and the CNSE. Both work out to about the same price (with the options!) but I'm completely stuck as to which one to get.

The TLS (DUI - TLS350 Drysuits for SCUBA diving) I'd just have pockets installed.

The CNSE (DUI - CNSE - Drysuits for SCUBA diving) I'd have pockets, suspenders and a warm neck collar added.

So the suits work out to the same price (within about 100 of each other) so has anyone any comments on which is best? I'll mostly be diving from ribs with the odd trip to Scapa or a wreck here or there. So mostly in the 30 - 50 m range.

All opinions gratefully received!! (Let's face it, I wouldn't be asking here if they weren't!! :) )
oo the cnse very nice indeed!!! had one about 14 months now and love it although i tink there are far better options on the market than simply d.u.i!
have a good luck round and listen to other peoples opinion ! best wishes leigh

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess there are other options. Have owned an ND neoprene (hated it) and a Beaver bag (much better!) but the thing I like about the DUIs is well made (mostly!) and the rockboots. Look so much comfier and better fitting than attached boots. Much better for standing around in all day.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hey,

Hi,

I'd go for the TLS350. I have one and it's a fantastic suit. Just don't go for beige and black with red piping ;)

The TLS drys very quickly, is very light/comfortable to wear, looks great etc. etc..

Clare's new red and black one looks the business. I wish I could get a new one!

Best regards,

Mark.

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Buy two Protecs for the same money.
They don't do neo dry socks though and the OP wants Rock Boots. (Well they didn't at the start of the year anyway)

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Not yet. Maybe in a few years. Hope to get a 'breather at some point and maybe then. But at the moment there's not too many wrecks accessible here on OC. (Not getting into and OC/CC debate here - if I go deeper I think I'd prefer it on a breather!)
Well in that case I would save a bit more and get a CF200x, much more tough for wrecking, only down side is it does weigh quite a bit but if it's a UK suit that doesn't matter.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
The reasion GUE divers hover majesticly above the wreck is they are scared of making a hole in their TLS350's :D

Great suit but way to fragile for the diving I do. I have been trying to get one for overseas stuff because its so lite but I wouldent use it for wreck diving that included crawling inside, through or over anything. Go for something heavier.

ATB

MArk Chase

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go for something heavier.
Well, if that's the case in the next price band you have the CLX 450 or the CF200X. I've heard that the 450 is a bit stiff but as tough as nails. I don't want another stiff suit (too many bad memories of the neoprene one!) and I don't like the sounds of the fragility of the 350.

So I guess it's a choice between the CLX450 or the CNSe. While I'd prefer a front entry suit is there anything else that makes up the 500ish euro difference in the suits? (Bear in mind I'm trying to buy more shiney dive gear this year too!!)

And thanks for all the help by the way. It's so hard to choose a suit when you can't even try it on let alone see it!

·
TDI Trimix trained and used to own a pony
945 Posts
I own two TLS 350's and take them cave diving where they get quite a bit of abrasion from limestone. Crawling in and out of high flow caves you end up jamming your arms and legs against the sides so it does get quite a bit of abuse.

I'd pick the TLS as its the most comfortable of the 5 different drysuits I've used . It feels like you aren't wearing a drysuit.

Cheers
Al

·
Team Tricky: Diving with Twins
3,004 Posts

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
I once tried on a DUI - it was very nice and I almost thought about buying it.

Then the bloke in the shop said that DUI didn't do made-to-measure in the UK, only in the US. What's all that about?

·
TDI Trimix trained and used to own a pony
945 Posts
I once tried on a DUI - it was very nice and I almost thought about buying it.

Then the bloke in the shop said that DUI didn't do made-to-measure in the UK, only in the US. What's all that about?
That blokes talking a load of rubbish - you just need to find a DUI dealer who's happy to measure you. My newer suit was MTM.

Cheers
Al

·
103 Posts
Have been using CNSe for 2-3 years now and have found it to be excellent, would buy another, it's got just the right amount of give and stretch and when combined with the 4th element thermal layers makes for a warm and flexible setup, have also used it with a weezle and found that the pertex outer of the weezle tended to bind onto the inner of the suit a little bit - main con is that it does take a while to dry, and the rock boots wear out pretty quick and they cost fortune to replace

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.