YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Duncan, is that you?? have you signed up?? are you lurking as you said you would?? where's Pete?? didn't you bring him?? am I asking too many questions?? shall I shutup??

C'mon fess up mate and introduce yourself to everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

I've been rumbled ....

I guess you must know Pete H who I buddied with on a couple of dives in Kenya, saw my name in my profile on UKDivers and put two and two together?

Yes, I am still lurking .... I'll get me coat

(Edited by Mr Magoo at 8:14 pm on Nov. 22, 2002)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

OK, I give in, I'll introduce myself

I was born in Derby, but grew up in Glasgow from age 2 (so I consider myself Scottish) and moved to Manchester where I now live.

I'm a novice diver, newly qualified as a PADI open water diver. Diving to date has all been in wetsuit in warm water (Seychelles, Maldives and Kenya). Before my first dive, I had been a keen snorkeller for some time.

I'm now looking to further my education and training in preparation for my next trip abroad, so I guess I'll have to learn how to use a drysuit

I have no desire to go deeper than 30m .... yet

(Edited by Mr Magoo at 9:41 pm on Nov. 22, 2002)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

So... Mr Magoo is a different Duncan than 'Dunkster' but they're both buddies with other divers called Pete? And Dunkster is the one with the hat, yes?
Too confusing....
Chee-az
Al Zeimer

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Yup Duncan (Dunkster) is the one with the hat who shared the fun of the Adv Trox weekend, Our Mr Magoo on the other hand is also new to the board, so let me welcome you Duncan (Mr Magoo) to our little spot on the Internet.

A massive influx of new members recently has made it hard to keep up but we'll get there eventually

Dunc, hope to see you very soon on one of our regular gatherings.

regards
Dave

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Duncs,

Good to have you aboard mate. Don't be shy when it comes to either suggesting a dive site or answering/posing questions to the board. And consider yourself, along with all new members, invited to any and all of the troop gigs we go on. No question too daft (other than the one you didn't ask) and no experience too seasoned to share!!

Welcome again mate,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

oops, I thought it was me that you were referring to, but on checking UKDivers, it was driftwood that pointed me over here.

I'll definitely get me coat ...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

No problem Dunc,

We haven't heard from Drifty for a while, I think his missus is giving him a beating of late.. :shocked:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts