YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't often that my job involves the jetsetting life of international travel, but next week, i have a meeting in Munchengladbach.

My meeting should be done by lunchtime, and my sleazyjet flight isn't until the evening. All i know is that Dusseldrf airport is about half an hour away from the meeting place, and i am going to have several hours to kill.

I'm not a great fan of hanging around hotels, and as I'm only away overnight, I'll only have carryon baggage.

So... has anyone got any suggestions as to how to spend several hours in Germany. No beer, becasue I'll have the car when i get home.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Go for a run in the wonderful parks :D

Sadly I can't really help...I've never found Germany to be that interesting to be honest.....it's great if you're into architecture, green spaces and beer but otherwise I find it rather quaint! Probably a generalisation I know

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go for a run in the wonderful parks :D

Sadly I can't really help...I've never found Germany to be that interesting to be honest.....it's great if you're into architecture, green spaces and beer but otherwise I find it rather quaint! Probably a generalisation I know
I suspect you are right - I haven't been to Germany since I was about 18months old. Unfortuntely, not enough time to visit the place I was born, as it is about 250km north of Dusseldorf.

If i thought I'd be able to get a shower afterwards easily enough, I probably would go for a run :)

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
So... has anyone got any suggestions as to how to spend several hours in Germany. No beer, becasue I'll have the car when i get home.
Morag, I'm a regular-ish in Dusseldorf. There's nice walks along the Rhine and in the old town (Altstadt). If you have time you could go up the tower - can't remember the name. There's lovely shopping a few roads back from the river. Dusseldorf centre is about 20 minutes by taxi from the airport. Have a nice time.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Visit the plethora of sex shops and buy Charley some good bedtime reading ;)
you are joking. He's got plenty of reading material. if 'm going to buy him any more, it will be 'DIY for numpties' and 'Decorating the easy way' :D

·
Bottle Monkey
171 Posts
Given the flattering pictures you've been posting of Charley lately surely this would be more appropriate?

Or maybe this so he can fit into his dress for the wedding??

:p

·
Partly Worn
2,799 Posts
Mmmm - Dusseldorf, went there once. Bit like Reading only with Germans. Notable for nothing. (sorry :sad:)
Now, Dortmund (nice tower), Cologne (nice market), Kiel (nice sea), Mohnesee (nice dam), but Dusseldorf nope can't say I remember anything other than the airport.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Go to Nord Park, it's on the main road to the airport in dusseldorf. Large gardens that lead down to the rhine and theres a rather interesting little building near the front of the park (aqua zoo) that is full of fish, butterflies, lizards etc. It looks small but thanks to a clever design where you walk around in circles it is like a tardis when your in it.

If you speak german read the link page, or just look at the pictures

Nordpark Düsseldorf ? Wikipedia

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go to Nord Park, it's on the main road to the airport in dusseldorf. Large gardens that lead down to the rhine and theres a rather interesting little building near the front of the park (aqua zoo) that is full of fish, butterflies, lizards etc. It looks small but thanks to a clever design where you walk around in circles it is like a tardis when your in it.

If you speak german read the link page, or just look at the pictures

Nordpark Düsseldorf ? Wikipedia

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Mmmm - Dusseldorf, went there once. Bit like Reading only with Germans. Notable for nothing. (sorry :sad:)
Now, Dortmund (nice tower), Cologne (nice market), Kiel (nice sea), Mohnesee (nice dam), but Dusseldorf nope can't say I remember anything other than the airport.
It's not Paris but I quite like the place ;)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i'd go for a suana...

we're not talking about the "dodgy" englidh kind, but a proper German sauna... ahh how refreshing.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts