YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im looking at putting all the pictures ive taken on my recent trip to egypt on a

dvd but would like to create some nice effects with menus and stuff !

basicaly i would like some pointers on the best software to use!!

any ideas guys would be much appreciated!

best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
ok im looking at putting all the pictures ive taken on my recent trip to egypt on a

dvd but would like to create some nice effects with menus and stuff !

basicaly i would like some pointers on the best software to use!!

any ideas guys would be much appreciated!

best wishes leigh :teeth:
Hi Leigh
You want Proshow gold, PM me your address & I will send you it, as long as you send it back :teeth:
Ken

·
Registered
118 Posts
another vote here for Pro Show Gold, very easy to use and the results are pretty good.
Best wishes
John

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
If I used software like that could I burn it onto CD instead? Would it work?

Looking at burning around an hour of footage onto a disk, very little editing required, just a snip here and there.

Digs.
Yep, I believe it would. You can choose different formats. SVCD would be ok for a CD

this is the jobbie...

Photodex Corporation - ProShow Gold

(Although probably a newer version than the one I have (but I think it will be a free update to the newer one from what I remember))

·
Presenter - info on scuba diving dot com
536 Posts
Another vote here for Pro Show Gold

I wonder if anyone else though finds it a pain to burn direct a DVD?

We end up making ISO's every time, regardless of which machine we are using to author on.

Otherwise, its a good programme for the money and now it has multi-layering.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another vote here for Pro Show Gold

I wonder if anyone else though finds it a pain to burn direct a DVD?

We end up making ISO's every time, regardless of which machine we are using to author on.

Otherwise, its a good programme for the money and now it has multi-layering.
yes me !
ive just spent an hour putting the menu system together and getting all the pics on the file tree and set it off to find it will take 3 hours to render lol?? arggghhh ok am i doing summat wrong? also is tghere anyway of a 1 button change to the whole shows transition effects or do they have to be done individual ?

best wishes leigh

·
Presenter - info on scuba diving dot com
536 Posts
......... is there anyway of a 1 button change to the whole shows transition effects or do they have to be done individual ?
Yes, you can do it.

When you have all the slides in the timeline, select all, then click on a transition icon in any slide and select the desired transition - that will apply it to ALL the others!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i figured it simon ! god what a faff ! well im still currently creating an iso file ! mind u i suppose its taking so long as ive got 3 gig of pics on the iso ? o well heres to waiting!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.