YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Team HPDW Cake Queen.
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... not in the biblical sense exactly but as buddies.

Last year it was incresingly difficult to find a dive we both wanted to do.

He's on the Inspo and I'm on twin 10's.

He wants to do technical deep wreckie stuff on tri-mix.

I want to stay under 40m on Nitrox and bash fish over the head.

He has absolutely no interest in teaching people.

I quite like taking newbies in.

He last qualification was Mod 1

My last qualification was NHS Respiratory training :D

His bedside table is full of dive and wreck guides.

My bedside table contains a few copies of ' Hello ' and a pile of hair slides.

The long and the short of it is that we want to do different stuff, so when a good friend and old dive buddy mentioned over dinner last weekend that he was looking for a regular local buddy and wanted to do stuff similar to me, it seemed to me fate had leant a hand and we agreed to dive together from now on. :thumbsup:

It doesn't mean Rob and I will never dive together again, after all we are booked for Gozo in September, but it does mean we will rarely be on the same boat at the same time at home.

The downside is I won't have anyone to lift my kit for me when my back is playing up and he won't get to stuff home made cakes on his trips but we can both live with that :)

Last year lack of parity of kit was worrying me too. He always had a bail out cylinder which could have been used by me if I needed it but my ability to help him was negligible. I practised flushing his loop ( now, now Frosty - don't get too excited :D ) but not being rebreather trained I don't think I could have done much if he was in real trouble and that really worried me. What if something had happened whilst we were together and I failed to realise what was the best action to take ?

So if one of us gets off a boat as the other gets on that's the reason why.

I just hope if he gets home first he learns to cook the dinner ;) :kiss2:

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
It's always sad when good lurve goes bad. Well I'm taking a break from the deep and dirty stuff and concentrating on less well known sub 40 metre sites too.

Even though you are just a girl Minxy, I'll have a bimble with you anytime.

I'm sure I'll be buying another rebreather at some point but for now, the appeal of 'not-quite-as-well-'ard-as-it-could-be-diving' is inticing. :)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Minxsy I'll dive with you I much prefer the pretty scenic stuff and I could use a model for some of my scenic photos (calm down you lot, lovely as she is drysuits really don't do it for me) and as for Rob learning to cook, you had him so terrorised last year he learned to clean so anything is possible, just don't hold your breath...... or skip breath for that matter. :D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I understand Minxsy, jim was my buddy, then after 12months , he decided not to dive at all,

There goes my buddy, so i didnt dive regular for the next 2yrs, but i missed it, also didnt want

to always be on the buddy board, so a pal surgested i joined a bsac club. Thats what i did.

so new skills to learn and in the past 2 weeks ive done 7 dives thats more than the last 2yrs

together. Im also off to Cornwall next month so lets see what it has to offer diving wise

best of luck Dawn xxx

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
well, i seem to be taking a break from trimix, devil gas that it is, and i'm keeping things shallow this year**. I don't do bashing fish, but I'd be happy to dive with you, Minxsy - or anyone else for that matter - I can carry a goody bag ;).

(for some divers, 40m isn't shallow, but compared to 60m, it is :D)

·
TTFN
1,757 Posts

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Thanks very much for dropping those beers off, Rob. Very much appreciate (and you really didn't have to!). And Minxy, I'll dive with you as long as I can have a grope. Sssssssh don't tell Rob.
Offer to show her Diggers hairy b*ll*ck as well - I found that particularly charming :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.