YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone have any views on the TDI extended range course - there is little or no mention in this forum?
Is it worthwhile in itself or is it just a pre requisite for the TDI trimix ticket.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Imported post

Hi Richie,
I did it and enjoyed it (mind you that was in Cozumel!) but it's not a prerequisite for the TDI Entry Level Trimix course. From the TDI paperwork for the trimix course
"The student must:
1.  Be a minimum age of eighteen.
2.  Have a minimum certification as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and Decompression Procedures Diver (or equivalent).
3.  Show proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives or equivalent at the discretion of the instructor."

In theory with the TDI ERD course you can go straight onto the TDI Advanced Level Trimix course, although I'm not sure that I'd want to!
HTH
Robert

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I know some TDI instructors are now not teaching ER and urging students to go direct to normoxic trimix.

Recently I saw the TDI Normoxic Trimix manual and It was combined with ER. Kinda.

I think the general idea is - if you wanna do 55m then do it on mix not air.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Makes sense I suppose - we just need to stop kids wasting Helium in balloons at parties, fairs . Any supporters for hydrogen? (candles..............................)

Sorry all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts