YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello all,
I am a CMAS inst. here in Malta and helping out for a CMAS nitrox manual. Here for a CMAS course we teach on BSAC 88 tabels, so it would be a very sensible idea to use these for the nitrox course as well. (please don't get in debate if they are not best issue and use eg. buhmann). These would be used with EAD formula. Here are my questions:
1) Do BSAC use BS-AC '88 (air) decompression tabels with EAD for their Nitrox courses, if not what they use?
2) Is there any literature not to use these tabels for nitrox dives using EAD formula?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Oooh, bone of contention there!

According to their author, BSAC tables do NOT work with the EAD concept, which is why BSAC don't teach it. They have specific Nitrox tables.

My brief comparison of the proper BSAC nitrox tables and EAD has shown little difference, but that was only half a dozen numbers. The official line is "No EAD, get the proper tables"

For all four mixes they have...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

Pierre, CMAS and Naui are close-knit organizations. Naui is more active here than in Europe, tough. I think that looking at their tables will be a reasonable option. Bear in mind, that CMAS and SAA are closely related too, so there is an other one for you.

Cheers

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Hello,
Anyone here can send me a copy of the BSAC nitrox tabels (even scanned) or a link to BSAC nitrox tabels so that I can give them a look and compare them with EAD to BS-AS '88.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Try the BSAC discussion forum?  There will no doubt be someone on there who can point you in the right direction...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts