YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Have now got 9/10/11/12 April free, if anyone is looking far enough wanting a dive.

All times are local ( BST )..... For max depths add 6 meters to charted depths to seabed.

<<<<EDITED>>>>      DIVE PLAN  

DIVE A                                                   DIVE B

Wreck                    UB 109                     Wreck                      The Queen
Leave Time              10:30                      Leave time                       16:30
Depth to Seabed           18                      Depth to Seabed                  23
Depth to Deck               13                      Depth to Deck                       18

DIVE C                                                   DIVE D

Wreck                      Anglia                     Wreck                      Denbinshire
Leave Time              11:15                      Leave time                       17:15
Depth to Seabed           23                      Depth to Seabed                  23
Depth to Deck               18                      Depth to Deck                       16

DIVE E                                                   DIVE F

Wreck                    Nunmia                     Wreck                           Elenora
Leave Time              11:45                      Leave time                       18:15
Depth to Seabed           25                      Depth to Seabed                  24
Depth to Deck               16                      Depth to Deck                       17

DIVE G                                                   DIVE H

Wreck              Strathcylde                     Wreck                            Loanda
Leave Time              07:00                      Leave time                       13:30
Depth to Seabed           24                      Depth to Seabed                  21
Depth to Deck               18                      Depth to Deck                       13

**** ANGLIA, is a ship that had a lot of loss of life, mainly NURSES when this ship was used as a hospital ship for carrying back wounded troops,,,,,, This wreck is a great dive, PLEASE PLEASE don't take a club hammer and chisel to it..... IF you look hard enough, you will find a BIG brass plate that was placed on the wreck on the 1/ Jan / 2000 by a team of Divers, which i was one of them, read the plate and your see why i love this wreck  ****

if anyone , wants the plan changed , let me know

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>ooooOOOOOoooooo could be tempted......

What you planning? and what's the cheap accomodation look like down there?

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Jan. 30 2004,22:37)]what's the cheap accomodation look like down there?
Mary, Angus is the one to ask about cheap accomodation, maybe we can all crash round at his ex`s.

Andy l'll do any or all four days, wifee's taking youngest brat away for a week so l'm free that weekend yippeeeeeeeee.  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>The group that was penciled in for this weekend,their D/O didn't want to subject his newly quailified sports divers on dives involving SPRING tides ( took him 6 weeks to decide after giving him times etc etc ) and has made arrangements in taking them to SS Stoney Cove.

The LEAVE times are ( in brackets are the dive letters to make it easier )

9/4   (A)1030 & (B)1630       10/4   ©1115 & (D)1715        11/4   (E)1314 & (F)1815    12/4    (G)0700 & (H)1330

Dive F i would imagine is a night dive.
Leave times may be earlier , if you want to do a wreck more than 40 minutes away from Dover.
Air is available at the Dover Sub Aqua Club, compressor operator must be a BSAC member .
Accomadation is cheap at the SEAMANS MISSION   01304 241693   just let them know that you are a DIVER. I'll get more close by in the area over the next few days and keep you posted .

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Oooh gimme gimme gimme. Put me down for the 10th. Bollocks, I reckon I can get away with E as well, just got to take 'er indoors upstairs, give her some sweet lovin' & see what I can get away with at 'the critical moment'.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'> Max of 12 divers on each dive....... £ 15 per dive ( this is a YD easter special rate to YD'ers )

DIVE A                 DIVE B               DIVE C              DIVE D

1    Howard                Howard              Howard             Howard
2    Tony                    Tony                  Tony                 Tony
3    Juz                         Juz                       Juz                     Juz
4    Blainaid                  Blainaid                Blainaid              Blainaid
5    Chris G                  Chris G                Chris G             Chris G
6    Iestyn                   Iestyn                 Iestyn               Iestyn
7    Illyan                    Illyan                  Illyan                Illyan
8    Alan                      Alan                   Mattbin              Mattbin
9    Janos                    Janos                 Dave A               Dave A
10   Digger                   Digger               Fiona B              Fiona B
11   Nick B                   Nick B                Janos                Digger
12   Nickette                Nickette              Digger

DIVE E                DIVE F               DIVE G               DIVE H

1    Howard                Howard              Howard             Howard
2    Nick B                  Tony                  Tony                 Tony
3    Juz                         Juz                       Fiona B               Tom      
4    Blainaid                  Blainaid                Alan                  Alan
5    Chris G                  Chris G                Chris G             Chris G
6    Iestyn                   Iestyn                 Iestyn               Iestyn
7    Illyan                    Illyan                  Dan                   Dan
8    Kev W                   Kev W                Kev W                Kev W
9    Nigel W                 Nigel W              Nigel W              Nigel W
10   Fiona B                 Fiona B              Mark C               Mark C
11   Tony                     Nick B                Andy P               Andy P
12   Nickette               Nickette               Callum P             Callum P

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

Put me down for them all Andy.  I'm happy to act as compressor operator if need be too, so no cheek or it will be short fills!

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Does short fills anyway ,,, think i set the blow off at 265 bar

·
Cut the crap and go diving!
414 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andy

Put me down for 9/4 (friday) both dives and 12/4 (monday) both dives. Ta!

I presume the compressor is double filtered for Nitrox cylinders?

Alan  

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Andy,
I'm interested for the 12th, however I'm currently limited to 18 Metres, and have never dived in the sea in the UK. so these may not be the dives for me.
Simon A

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Simon,

Down here at Dover, there are about 5 good wrecks that are in your depth limits, One of them you could do on a snorkel, but is a cracking little dive for divers that have just finished training, I don have some people getting back to me soon , in doing this wreck and i know there will be space on the boat, If you want me to pass on details, i'm more than happy to when i get them .
I can call upon some really good sports divers here, that will be willing to give you a guided tour of some of our wrecks, but most good ones that i would put you on as a beginner into UK sea diving are bewteen 20 - 25 mts.
The wrecks will will be doing this weekend are bewteen 20 & 30 mts , and i haven't got round to planning then in full yet, as i want to please everyone and not let them do the same wreck twice. I personally feel, that this dive weekend is not really within your league as a diver , YET, but i will keep you posted on any dives which from the details you gave me , would be suited to your needs.

Andy

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I'm still interested Andy just need to work on family easter things (which are helpfully located in Surrey, a lot lot closer than Nottingham  
) and money but will get back to you.......

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
, oh and it's will be nice to meet you , Mary,,,,,,unless i see you at SS Stoney, ohhhh  and the storeage rent for the twins is £ 0.00  
.. but you will get them next weekend , as I HAVE to suffer Digger again.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Of course you will see me at SS Stoney, I can't be practically co-hosting the evening events without being there, i am of course trusting you shall be joining us for the evening entertainment. Of course I shall be taking my new twins for thier first dive too

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>erhhhhhhh YEAH , i'm staying at diggers

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Jan. 31 2004,23:52)]erhhhhhhh YEAH , i'm staying at diggers
<font color='#F52887'>poor you even if you manage to survive the morning breath it's still a good £5 taxi ride from the pub  

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Andy,
Cheers of your assesment of the easter weekends dives.
If your planning a nice shallow wreck some time after the end of March (drysuit doesn't arrive 'till start of march and I reckon I need at least another 10 inland dives in it, to get familiar with one), and know of a couple of experienced divers myself and my wife can buddy with, please let me know.

Simon A

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Simon,

is you wife the same standard/grade as yourself, i do have a couple of women i can call upon that are good divers , that love to help out .

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Andy mate, please please please please can we do the Nunima off Dungenness on one of the dives, l dived this last july and thought it was great, relatively intact and 10 mrs ish off the seabbed.

Added
And maybe the Denbighsire???

1 - 20 of 210 Posts