YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'll let most of the divers put in reports, BUT for me , this is so far the best time i have had with YD'ers.

Diving is reported to be GREAT
Viz has ranged from 1 mt to 7
Meeting new members has been excellent
Social side, say NO more  

Oh well, one more day to go , then back to normality.

No more Blain and Illiyen doing the shot .
No more Juz having me in stitches .
No more PC ' Diving Dude ' buying OLIVES from a 8 year old for 60 p each.
No more listening to Digger and little Stevie, planning to suck jam out of DD's do-nuts and filling them with olive stones.
No more watching Ilsten teeth chatter after getting out his semi dry.
No more dreaming that renting out dry suits is a good money maker.
No more watching Janos's flag light up the channel .
No more be proud that Fiona likes my ladder .
No more seeing Kev & Nigels smiles from seeing boilers in GIN clear waters.
No more hearing from Chris about fat womens feet crushing grapes.
No more guessing if Mattbin's kit is streamlined. ( must be a DIR man )

<<<< More to come  
 >>>>

and finally , i like to thank all for making this weekend excellent and fun.
And a big thank you from all to KIETH, who pumped cylinders whilst being at work,,,,,,, wish i could have a 9 hour T Break.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Andy, as said elsewhere, we really enjoyed it too.

Many thanks for stealing those marks of Paul Oliver by the way! What a fantastic dive!

Great weekend, great people.

Hope Monday was ok (not good, just ok!).

Juz

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No more guessing if Mattbin's kit is streamlined. ( must be a DIR man )
I just have to say I have no idea why Andy thought I would be a Christmas tree. DIR - yeah some great ideas, I'll leave it at that.

Cracking day.

Matt

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Just adding my tuppence worth,

Thanks Andy, what a wonderful weekend! Sunshine as ordered, viz in the "I can see" range, and some great marks!

It was great to meet up with the mad diversity that is YD!
Much respect to Iestyn, after having a yeuchy leak in my dry suit for 2 days, 7 degrees is cold!
Janos the penguin monster! Nick the hunni monster! Howard- words fail me, but the sight of you squeezed in that suit of Louigi's........priceless  

Louigi, what a crew! great to meet you & I await the pics with baited breath!
Kev & Nigel, sorry we bumped you off the table for dinner, but we are glad you came to join us later!
Sarah don't give up on the UK just yet!
Alan was your dive in Brighton as wonderful as our dive Sunday? (I doubt it!)
Thanks to Illyan (the only non-YDer) for filling all our cylinders in the mornings (isn't it great to have friends in the know?)

Chris, glad you got over to join us, what a great introduction to UK diving!

Fiona, Juz has reminded me to mention that you are HIGH maintainence!
I guess he figures that you didn't bite at the dinner table, so he can get away with it again!

There were about 7 dogfish on our dive Digger, and one was a long bugger! BTW thanks for joining us for breakfast Sunday morning, thought 8am was a bit too early after Saturday night!

Blanaid

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ April 11 2004,23:54)]No more be proud that Fiona likes my ladder .
Just got home, well about an hour ago.  I did think I was mad going on the long trip down to Dover.  5 Hours down and 4.5 hours back, I am now knackered.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend especially Dave Archer and Chris G for agreeing to buddy me, not forgetting Digger on our second dive threesome, although getting to the bottom of the shot line to find the anchor dangleing in mid air doesn't really count.  

I wasn't going to do this second dive on Saturday as I was feeling a bit cold and the light was going, then I looked at Iestyn pouring himself into a cold wet semidry and decided that if he could do it then so could I.  Well done

And yes Andy you can be very proud of your ladder, I don't often find one I can use but the hand rails are just in the right place, if only more boats had hand rails.  

Apologies to the Dover Greek Tavern from the great unwashed, we dashed off the boat on Saturday night just in time for our 9pm target time to get our order in.  We must have looked a sight as all the other dinner guest had made such and effort in getting ready for their birthday parties and Saturday nights out.  Then the dive team arrived only having had enough time to change out of undersuits and try and look a little respectable.  I think PC Howard made an impression as they kicked some of the time out just before 3am, although according to Howard it was just gone 2am.

This weekend like the previous two has reinforced the reason I joined YD, it isn't just the diving it is meeting lots of new great people.

Hope tp see you all again soon.

Cheers, Fiona

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

damn, sounds like you had a cracking weekend

i spent today doing an easter egg hunt with an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old....hmmm fun for about 5 mins then wished i was diving.

count me in for the next do....

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Glad you all had fun and enjoyed the Dover experience, how about some stuff on your impressions of our wrecks down here?

I gather you enjoyed the New Comet and Lariston amongst others.

Sorry i could not make it at all but i have 3 heavy diving weekends starting next week and i just had to get some overtime in first.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (divegyrl @ April 12 2004,17:29)]Thanks Andy, what a wonderful weekend! Sunshine as ordered, viz in the "I can see" range, and some great marks!
I don't think there is much more I could add to that really  

It was an excellent weekend, wonderful weather, channel like a mill pond (well, compared with how it can be!), great boat, great diving and a wonderful bunch of people.

When is the next one?  

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Well, I only made it down for the last dive so I missed most of the fun - had a good time on the boat though, nice to put some more faces to names etc. Thanks Andy & everyone, roll on the next one.

Tom

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

Only there for the one dive on Monday am, HMS Aries, very appropriate considering this was my birthday weekend. Went in with the sole intention of doing a nice gentle no-deco dive and ended up doing over an hour with 20 mins of deco. Nice dive, saw more dogfish in one dive then I saw all of last year.
A good wreck for a rummage, the odd nick nack which could be salvaged if you were that way inclined.

Andy looked after the boy in the biggest possible way, thanks mate, he had a genuinly fantastic time, drove home via Hastings to show him where he was born.

Twas good to meet Chris, Dan and the others.

Enjoyed myself I did.

Andrew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Had an excellent four days diving and really enjoyed both the diving and the meeting people. Viz was better than I'd expected and I had a great trip and thought the wrecks we dived were truly top notch.

The oscar bit: Thanks to Andy for being a great skipper and to Howard for buddying me. Thanks to Janos and Howard for lifts. Also thanks to Howard and Blanaid for lending me nice big tanks, (will be buying a 15 before my next trip but suspect I would still need to borrow a tank from someone if diving from Dover!)

Just trying to get the details down now and can't remember the name of the wreck we dived on Friday afternoon/evening. Can anyone help? Wish I was as organised as Chris then I'd not only have the name but a diagram!

Look forward to seeing you all again soon, Iestyn.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I thought Friday afternoon was the Denbinshire? Most of us ended up on the Lariston on the morning, so I think we went back and did t'other. Frankly, in the viz I was in it could have been the Titanic and I still would have missed it! Apparently it wa a bit clearer away from the shotline, but I was on my diddy little torches that have suddenyl started playing up. A bit of kit-fondling required methinks.

I'v posted over on the planned trips, but it was a great weekend, and had a great time with all these new YD faces. PC Diving Dud, whatever next? That saturday night has to be the strangest night out I think I've ever been to. By a long way.

·
The Bridget Jones of Diving
585 Posts
Imported post

I'd like to echo everything the other half has said, although I got to see less of the wrecks than everyone else put together.

I'm about to do an order for an Otter MTM though, so speeding to the surface rather faster than I would have liked hasn't put me off

Big thanks to Andy for all his help, especially in not letting the weekend destroy my confidence!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 13 2004,13:04)]Most of us ended up on the Lariston on the morning, so I think we went back and did t'other. Frankly, in the viz I was in it could have been the Titanic and I still would have missed it!
I thought it was the Pomerania on Friday afternoon and the Lariston/Denbinshire in the morning  

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ April 13 2004,13:04)]it could have been the Titanic and I still would have missed it!
I thought that the Titanic was Saturday afternoon which is why the shotline didn't quite make the bottom and I was left hanging from the anchor

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Just like to add I had a great day on Saturday - enjoyed the dives, and was really good to meet some YDers 'offline' at long last.

Thanks to Fiona and Digger for buddying me (didn't actually see much of you on the dive Digger but was good to know you were down there somewhere!  
), to Howard for lending me a tank, and Andy and Lou for top boatmanship!

Howard, humble apologies, I've nicked the insert out of your tank - sorry! PM me an address and I'll get it in the post to you straight off.

A top day out, just sorry I couldn't stay for longer - next time....
Dave.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.