YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
History is made by stupid people
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: I don't know if anyone on here bidding for the above rb, but it's listed as maybe having a few bits missing. It is - the scrubber and handsets!
The seller knows this (I've told him) but buyer beware, you'll need to put at least another grand to it for a scrubber and head, if you can get one.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Anyone that sells a rebreather saying, I'm not sure what it is, i'm not a diver etc i would steer well clear of, you dont just come across a rebreather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
missing bits

hi
yes he certainly is aware of the missing bits ..
i would have thought 2 -3 grand to put that right .....
somebody's going to get caught out here ..........:frown:

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Ok I don't know about RB's but don't they have serial numbers which can be checked with AP.

He is asking for payment on collection so he isn't going to take you money and run, which apparently happened to someone on here the other week.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
In that case anyone with an ounce of sense will know that if they care, they guy who is bidding either does care or want to know.

·
my business is going under?
750 Posts
the wing, bcd has a serial number that is traceable to the unit assuming it is registered with AP

Gerry

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
From the first stages age is between 1998-99, the cylinders will need testing and the pressure gauges and hoses should ideally be replaced as there age isn't know. It's worth about £500 tops, if someone pays £1500 for that they are going to be well ripped off.

May well have had the electronics removed as it's stolen too.

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
May well have had the electronics removed as it's stolen too.
"I have come accross one of these units from a site clear out and has been sitting in my conservatory gathering dust for over one year now"

so when does something like this become not New. I dont know if its stolen or not but it is a bit odd I guess the serial numbers on the cylinders will also be on file with AP.

who ever wins the auction would check first that its not stolen just by calling AP or they might just lose all their money when they have to return it to its real owner.

David

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The cylinder numbers won't necessarily be on file with AP as you can buy them from sources other than AP.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
II wouldn't even consider bidding on it.

I was given details of a few guys selling the CCR I have (KISS) I discounted one imediately as it said it had lots of mods including an Inspo DSV. Heck, thats one of the reasons I chose the KISS! Any self respecting diver should know not to bid on an item like this. Heaven knows there are enough S/H Inspos on the market, to find a good one.

·
Registered
507 Posts
What I liked is post to Worldwide and further down pick up only:teeth:

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
why dont you Email the guy and ask for any serial numbers, then put them to AP and find out if it is stolen

he got it from a clearence and was told it was worth 4k however he didnt know there was bits missing, it could be that it is one of the unclaimed scrubbers that AP have had for repair and nobody has asked for it back!!

Graham

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
why dont you Email the guy and ask for any serial numbers, then put them to AP and find out if it is stolen

he got it from a clearence and was told it was worth 4k however he didnt know there was bits missing, it could be that it is one of the unclaimed scrubbers that AP have had for repair and nobody has asked for it back!!

Graham
Speaking of which, when you two going to go CCR? Surley the cost of CCR would offset the cost of Cyropractor and physio later on in life, after you've hauled them heavy twinsets and millions of Stages up and down a bit?

Dave C

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
ive just looked at this advert and cant for the life of me know why anybody would be daft enough to buy this item off of e bay as most of the stuff looks to be missing!

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
ive just looked at this advert and cant for the life of me know why anybody would be daft enough to buy this item off of e bay as most of the stuff looks to be missing!
'More Money than Sense' spring to mind??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts