YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yeh!! I saw this stuff on one of the Discovery Channel Programs about Russian Submariners. Its acctually a Russian Submarine Escape Suit.  Ask at the SETT. Scary Biscuits!! What the Photo does not show is that there are three finger mittens on the end of the arms. Its really hard to get into. The resparator mask is similar to WW2 resparators. The Russians have contests where submariners have to get into this Survival suit with the fastest winning extra food rations. This kit on TV looked Monsterous and I wouldn't trust it further than the local museum, and its Current Issue, believe it or not. Nowtice in the picture the submariner is tethered to the surface with a line. Thats so they can retreive the body when he carks it mid escape

Dave (Discovery Addict) C

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I once saw a 'Dam Good Kicking' for sale on E Bay .... It raised about £75 too !

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>what's even funnier is if you look at his feedback and the last thing he bought was a latex gimp mask

must be a friend of mark's

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

What is even more worrying is:

This

Someone has cannibalised an Apex Auto air and is selling it as a reg. Ignorance or just hoping someone else is stupid

Paul

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

Thats not actually a cannibalised autoair. Its a sentinel reg, i've got one, never used it. But for £10 off a mate i couldn't resist it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Nope - it is definitely an integrated job, you can see the Apeks Schraeder fitting on the direct feed, and the place where the corrugated hose shoud go. In the guy's defence he does describe it as an Octoplus.

Tiewrap, you're part right, as an Octoplus is really a Sentinel with a few bits added. A sentinel looks like this so you can see the similarity:

And you paid £10 for it!? You were robbed. Kick the guy who sold it to you very hard in the knackers for selling you crap kit. Are you sure he's a mate? Anybody who shafted me that badly wouldn't be called a mate.
We used to have them in our Uni club and people thought they were great until I bought some TX40s...

I can't believe that a company that makes such good regs makes that heap of shite. They used to make another side exit valve that wasn't bad, but the sentinel is truly dreadful.

Rant over...

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts