YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea if BSAC accept EFR as an acceptable alternative to diver first aid?
I've looked in the SALT but I know that sometimes they don't put all the accepted alternatives in. It's not listed as not acceptable either.
I'm an EFRI and I was wondering if I could start teaching people in my BSAC club at uni

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Hi they won't accept: the wordings are

HSW First Aid at Work
short courses - less than 6
hours duration of non-
Resuscitation First Aid

Some one has got that wrong there's no such thing as HSE FAW short courses, its a min of 24hrs thats why the course is 4 days.

So reading into that make sure the EFR course lasts more than 6 hrs or email the Tech Dept don't bother emailing the chap who's in charge of the First Aid/Rescue skills I have been waiting for months for a reply to a simple question.

Best of luck

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Tis that not the point:teeth:.
Makes more sense if I can teach people, than outsourcing.
I would love to teach the BSAC Diver First Aid SDC just to keep it simple and in house, but I can't because I have to assist on a course and be assessed by someone who might be way out of date, lets look at the BSAC Rescue First Aid SDC that course is way out of date I am still waiting for a answer to say if I attended the SDC and use the skills will I be insured by the BSAC 3rd party insurance if I cock it up.

I still want to know who teaches the Instructor Trainers and keep them up todate, I get assessed every 6 months to keep my SJA Trainer & assessor up to date and must have have a in date FAW ticket which I must do every 3 years, I also have to know the Dorling Kindersley first aid book inside out.

Keep to the EFR course.
Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.