YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off on my first liveaboard in a few weeks time and I realise that I haven't thought about the vaccinations that I may need. I am going to Sharm in Egypt so will I need any vaccinations? The website referenced by the FCO was really unhelpful - lots of things I could have jabs for but nothing definitive.

Thanks

·
Manta stalker
227 Posts
Other than the one's you probably have anyway (Polio, TB, Diphtheria), I think the most useful are Typhoid and Hepatitis A. You can have rabies and Hep B, but as you will be on a liveaboard those I suggest protect you from generally transferred via food. The Doc will generally give it to you as a 2 in 1 injection and you're most likely protected for 3 years.

Check out this Egypt (Africa) - Fit For Travel

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
I don't know anyone who's had jabs for Egypt. Unless someone in your group is at risk or has a compromised immune system or something then I wouldn't worry about it.

Standard hygiene, stay hydrated and a healthy avoidance of fruit juice and fresh salad and you should be fine.

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
I've lived here for nearly seven years and not had/needed any jabs, don't think I know anyone who has...
How arE you going to catch anything. Ur always underwater :)

·
Gone to pastures new
958 Posts
I'd echo the probably don't need anything, however, what I do if I am not sure is call my surgery at a quiet time and speak with the nurse. They usually have up to date info on what's needed and access to my records of what I've had in the past and when/if it's expiring.

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
I've lived here eight years and don't have any injections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts