YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Forgive me for asking what may be a daft question, but has anyone ever dived the reservoirs in  the Elan Valley in Wales ?  Does anyone even know if it possible ?

The reason I ask is that following the recent dry weather, there was an article in the paper commenting that the tops of some of the villages that were flooded when the reservoirs were created before the turn of the century are now visible.  Sounds like it could make a reasonably interesting winter dive . . . .  and its not Stoney !

I think I have found  an answer to my own question - a categoric NO.  Apparently Welsh Water do not want "water sports enthusiasts" contaminating Birminghams water supply.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>most reservoirs dont like divers, but love water sports?
Night dive, would be fantastic!
Youll either get away with it or get arrested as a terroist. Just mind the underwater pumps.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Sounds like a good idea. May be a very nice alternative to Chepstow!! It's owned and managed by Welsh Water. Don't know of anyone who's dived there. Maybe there's someone here from Aberystwyth Uni who can answer this?

gareth

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Being unfortunate enough to work in the water treatment business, I might try an approach to Welsh Water but expect any request to be met with a resounding 'sod off' ?

Whats the worry about polluting Birminghams water supply anyway . . .  Have you tasted it recently !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts