YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

Just come out of a week long lurk on the board and decided to join, so I thought I'd say hi!  I'm Helen (shocker - you didn't see that coming from the username did you?!), 26, and living down in Cheltenham.... I'm a total baby diver compared with most of you on this site.  I'm PADI AOW, started diving nearly 12 months ago, got the bug fairly badly .... have done 30 odd dives since then.   Was persuaded to try UK diving in the summer (never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would really enjoy jumping into 11 degree water... but apparently I am just about loony enough to find this loads of fun.  Bloody barking).  Am heading up to Capernwray next weekend, and can't wait!

Anyway, enough random rambling...
All the best... I'll hopefully chat to you all soon!
Helen

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Hello,

A very warm welcome to the boards. Its always nice to see new folk joining in with the surface time chat. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful info here with lots of very freindly, experienced divers on hand to help you get more out of diving. Capernwray? That some drive from Cheltenham! Not closer to nip over to the national dive place on the other side of the Severn?
 Anyway Dive safe and I look forward to your contributions.

Dave C

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Helen,

Like Davey said, a very warm welcome to YD! Get in amongst it and ask and post away; if we can help, we surely will. Get yourself on one of our planned dives and join the throng.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Ahhh, aren't you all nice and friendly!

I know Capernwray is a bit of a hike, and quite illogical when you look at the geography, but it may make more sense when I say that I used to live in Cheshire... met a really good bunch of people at a dive shop up there, and have stayed in touch with them....so, for them a nice 1 1/2 hour trip on the M6... for me it's a little bit longer, but I reckon it's worth the effort...

Have to ask though... "nice shandy?"  Am I missing something?!

Later...
HM

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome aboard Helen. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Plenty of members down in the shandy drinking south so you should get plenty of opportunities to dive.

I might make Capernwray myself this weekend - just got back from the Red Sea and need to get into some decently cold water to remind myself what proper diving is all about! Perhaps see you there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.