• Self employed and disagree - living the life of Riley

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok following this great comment from Mark.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh its great running your own buisness you spend all day doing bugger all earning loads of cash and then have as many days off diving as you like.

NOT

How many YD members work for themselves ?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Well obviously me.

OK its 09:50 I just finished my last report and Christmas has oficialy started  

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Dec. 25 2003,08:50)]OK its 09:50 I just finished my last report and Christmas has oficialy started  
Time warp as well mark

its stil  08:57

Your working to hard

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Good thing this self-employed - had my first Christmas Eve off since 1982.  

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skipper @ Dec. 25 2003,08:44)]Ok following this great comment from Mark.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh its great running your own buisness you spend all day doing bugger all earning loads of cash and then have as many days off diving as you like.

NOT

How many YD members work for themselves ?
<font color='#0000FF'>I wish I gots bags of cash. Work damn hard, get bugger all cash and time off is quite a luxuary. 9 to 5 job is begginning to sound good to me

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I used to run my own business before joining the cops. I don't envy any of you guys. Sure, working for yourself is the only way to make real money but you have to put so much in - never a day off.

There's no doubt that you deserve everything that you've got, and you're welcome to it.

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chris Guimaraens @ Dec. 25 2003,15:49)]I wish I gots bags of cash. Work damn hard, get bugger all cash and time off is quite a luxuary. 9 to 5 job is begginning to sound good to me
Hear hear!! I agree....I have not had a holiday in 18 months..

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I work for someone else hence still poor, or is this due to taking up diving this year
 Anyway I've always fancied working for myself but haven't found something to do yet.

Dave C

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>My parents run a tiny village shop (the type where the sweets are in jars on a shelf behind the counter and the most expensive thing she sells is cigarettes).

They get one day off a year - xmas day.  Every other day they work - normally from 6am to 6pm.  They even had to work the millenium as they had the option not to, but the only newspaper supplier would then not supply to them anymore, forcing them to work or face ruin.
My dad is 64, 65 in April, my mum is 59, 60 in june and both look forward to retirement.  

I tell you, unless i was earning big money i would never take on the shop.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Err...Sherry?? Anyone??  

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>it's a bit like banging your head against a brick wall! Nice when it stops.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Imported post

Yep, agree , work for myself as a builder, (i'm not a cowboy, i'm a wild west (yorks) hero!!
)
At least the lump hammers and chisels are tax deductable  

Chris

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Duff_Daddy @ Jan. 03 2004,00:43)]At least the lump hammers and chisels are tax deductable  

Chris
And the van and the petrol and the crowbar  

“Are we giving away to many secrets here”  

Bob

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>did you know that you can write off most of your kit against tax, cylinders, computer, dry suit comes under protective clothing, tourch, regs put them down as lead burning equipt. Only jokeing mr Tax man.

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

I am the Head of Finance and Facilities for a small telemarketing agency - yes those people that offer you insurance, mobile phone content, and internet services.

The pay is ok but the hours are flexible (David J - if you are reading this you are a fantastic boss to work with) so I have a tendancy to leave early to go diving without feeling guilty or receiving too much grief

·
Registered
15 Posts
Imported post

What about we students? We work very hard and there is no option on the poll for us

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Lougi mate, please don't mention the T word, l've only just stopped sweating and shaking.
You should know better, being in the building trade.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I thought the only T word you builders knew was the the one followed by 'break'  

Matt

still OK for that lift Howard me old mate/buddy?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts