YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Sounds daft this.  I'm after some ankle weights but without the weight.  I have several Kg's of lose shot at home and it is pointless buying more when I could use it.

I got a pair from beaver a couple of years ago, but now they only do them with shot included.  

Anyone out there know where I could find some empty ankle (not) weights.

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

All you have to do is get hold of some fabric and sew them into a tube...

I have some nice purple Cordura lurking around, if you're interested..?

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Go to your nearest bike shop.  Explain that you're a nutter (i mean diver) and could you have any old inner tubes (punctures not a problem) as you are doing a project/making something etc etc.  They are usually happy to give you some for nothing - they're only going to chuck them out anyway.

You now have some very tough carriers for your shot!  The simple way would be to put the required amount in the correct length and then reef knot it - perhaps bind the knot with electrical tape for security.  Otherwise, you could use something more fancy to seal the ends, add fastex clips etc etc.

Have fun...

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Cheers guys,

My local shop sold me a pair, they just poured out the shot, weighed it and worked out the cost of the lose shot and took that off the price.

Darren

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Did they charge you dive shop prices for the lead? If so, you got a hefty reduction.

If they charged you the ACTUAL price of lead, you got ripped off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts