YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
I think the idea is great, just needs a little twist.

1. Not kidney but a heart
2. The donor and repicient need to do with said organ for a period of no less than a week and a half without the aid of life-support.
3. The winner is the one that dies last.
4. The world is relieved of four twats that want to be on telly.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
I love the 'expert' quoted saying:

>>"The show will not further understanding of transplants," he added. "Instead it will cause confusion and anxiety."

Does he think it's going in an adult education slot? This is solidly aimed at the anguish-voyeurism market. I suspect the TV company know what their target viewers want and getting it well hyped (positive or negative - all publicity is good publicity) will sell seats.

...and people wonder why I don't watch TV these days.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Wouldnt you just be so proud to be a shareholder in either Endemol or the Broadcasting Company.

Matt
i heard about this on the radio news this morning at work and thought what absolute nonesense !!!

and agree with matt i think the production company mite have overstepped the mark with this idea!!

best wishes leigh

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
OK. so the broadcasters are a little sick (a lot maybe and with no morals) but for me the real sickos are the people who will watch it. If there is a shortage of donors in Holland then I guess that I would do whatever it took to get a kidney if I needed one. Personally if I was terminally ill I wouldn't want to turn my last few days or whatever into a circus eiethr but bottom line, if no-one wanted to watch this kind of sick cr4p then no-one would make it.

·
14-9-09
3,169 Posts
'Endemol' - yeah, I think I've got half a tube left in the bathroon cabinet :redface:

Myself and a few other commie b*st*rds have been in conversation with them this year about a possible fly-on-the-wall doco on saturation diving - you can tell their 'angle' - they want to show us as being mean, hard-drinking, alchohol and helium-addled 'crazies' - what me?!!!!:angel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.