YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My house insurance is up for renewal and I've been building up my diving equipment over the last few months so it come the time to sort out insuring it... I just wondered what everyone else does? Do you have your equipment included in your contents insurance or have a seperate policy covering your equipment in the UK? I would assume to cover my stuff under travel insurance while diving abroad....

Thanks,
Louise.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I insured my kit with Dive Master.

If you rely on your contents insurance there may be problems when the value of the contents of your garage is greater than the value of the rest of your possessions. Also, standard insurers might not understand the need to ditch kit in an emergency.

If you are a member of BSAC then you get a 10% discount when insuring with Dive Master.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Mine's insured with house contents and have upped the single item cover, mainly for dive gear and jewellery. Dive gear cover when diving abroad or UK, covered under Buddy in Depth, with the UK diving extension.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
I'm with Dive Master. I get 10% because I'm a BSAC member. It costs me around £190 for £10k worth of cover, but that includes theft from vehicles, accidental damage, jettisoning etc.

It's nice to know that if someone drops a twinset on my rebreather, or the bungees snap and it falls on the deck in choppy seas, then it's covered.

Janos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts