YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to announce that Chris Holden of Chester Sub Aqua Club has just had his book "The Essential Underwater Guide to North Wales - Volume 1" printed and published!!

The book is 240 pages and full of information on dive sites from Barmouth to South Stack. It's full colour with lots of pictures and information on Dive Sites, Places to Launch Boats, GPS Coordinates, Transits - you name it. It's the product of Chris' 20+ years diving North Wales.

If anyone would be interested in obtaining a copy, PM me for Chris's details, or visit our club website at the link below, and click "Latest News". The retail price is £16.95. If you get in touch with him mention my name and the fact your from Yorkshire divers - you may get a couple of pounds knocked off. Or, post here and we can see how many YD people want a copy and we could maybe do a block buy?

I'm un-ashamedly pluggin this on Chris's behalf as he was the first person I had contact with when i joined CSAC, and he's a really nice bloke who has helped me lots over the past six months.

I enclose a few pics so you can see the format of the book...

PS - that's me piloting the RIB on the Primrose Hill picture!

Thanks,

Justin.

Chester Sub Aqua Club

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Justin,

I'd take a copy but in no rush - I'll hang on and see if there's much interest here for a block buy. It might make distribution a bit easier and we could use it as an excuse to get a gig together based on some dives in the book.

How about signed first editions? The author taking us on guided tours?

Mark.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>yup im up for a copy:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Imported post

I got my copy from my LDS on Monday. I have spent the last week reading it back to front on the train to and from work. An excellent book. I cannot wait until the next volume!! Please pass on my regards to the author.

As a bonus, I found a picture of me in it (ok, so its a very small picture, but so what) which I did not know about and stumbled across yesterday.  

Richard

PS is it possible to get mine signed?

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Hi Richard,

I'm sure Chris would be more than happy to sign it - you could either give hime a call, or pop in to the club on a Wednesday night - I'm sure Chris would be more than happy to have a chat over a beer...! (PS - Chris's  contact details our on our club website which is linked above).

Come on YD'ers! Anyone else interested in a copy? You can keep yourself up to speed with all those dives you do on Anglesey weekends!!? This is the most up to date book available - with all GPS coordinates double and triple checked - he even went round *every* site again not long ago when the GPS system changed...!!

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
aye

book me a copy - seen as i normally live in conwy :D

keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts