YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi folks hope your all well, im off to sunny Spain, Estartit, to be exact in August.

And i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dive centre, but not Calypso, that i can use.

Pref one that has Nitrox.

Ta much

Laurence

·
aka Rich.
166 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Laurence can't help you with your enquiry, but I'm also interested in the responses as I've read about Estartit. I was thinking about looking into it for next year as it's nice and close to the UK.

Which airport/resort are you using for your stay ? I've not been able to work out exactly where it is on the coast.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Rich, were stopping in a caravan park just outside the town, but were driving to Estartit, via Paris, going to Euro-Disney first.

I dived there back in 1999, and the diving was superb, just not very impressed with the dive centre we used.

Its very cheap to get there, i have friends who go there for a long weekend, and we found flights for £25 each way PP, but thats to Barcelona, you will pay more for flights into Gerona, as its much closer.

Not sure where it is on a map but its very close to the French border, in fact i was told that there is a French airport that you can fly to that is closer than Gerona and Gerona is about 90 mins drive from Estartit.

Its great for kids with a huge sandy beach, we also have friends who run one of the many bars in the town, so we always go there, but there are loads of places to eat and drink and there all pretty cheap.

As there are 5 of us in my family, it worked out cheaper for us to drive over than fly.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Laurence

P.S Thanks for the link John, very good article.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Could the French airport be Perpignan? I flew to that airport from the UK when I went to Tossa de Mar in 1956 (!).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi John, that name rings a bell, 1956! bloody ell, you'll be ready for a museum soon.

TTFN

Laurence

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Laurence,

try la sirena we went with them a couple of years ago and after the brief they just let you get on with it, don't know if they do nitrox though.

HTH

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Laurence @ July 08 2003,16:21)]Hi John, that name rings a bell, 1956! bloody ell, you'll be ready for a museum soon.

TTFN

Laurence
Yeah, went there with two mates for my 18th birthday. Sometimes FEEL ready for the museum but am not about to chuck it in yet  

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Laurence @ July 08 2003,16:21)]Hi John, that name rings a bell, 1956! bloody ell, you'll be ready for a museum soon.

TTFN

Laurence
Yeah, went there with two mates for my 18th birthday. I sometimes FEEL ready for the museum but am not inclined to chuck it in yet  

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:

TTFN

Laurence
Yeah, went there with two mates for my 18th birthday. I sometimes FEEL ready for a museum but am not inclined to chuck it in yet  

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all, thanks for the tips all, wow John to be 18 in 1956 i think your a lucky man.

The start of the music revolution, Elvis, Buddy, Eddie and all the other greats what a time to be a young man, i envy you.

Laurence

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi laurence
i will put a list of all the dive centers here for you a.s.a.p
the nearest airport is girona you can fly with ryanair.
taxi estartit can arange a transfer ( i think its about 68euro)
i actually live in estartit
regards stuart
ps which bar do your friends have

·
Registered
780 Posts
Stuart, a friend of mine is going out there next month and has been informed that she needs evidence of a valid full diving medical (bi-annual).
Is this the case?

Regards,

Darren

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Stuart, a friend of mine is going out there next month and has been informed that she needs evidence of a valid full diving medical (bi-annual).
Is this the case?

Regards,

Darren
Darren
Last year we did have to take our medical certificates with us when we booked the dives with Sirena Dive Centre. Also had to show insurance plus qualifications. They copie dit then gave it back so no problems. I dont know about bi-annual ours is every 3 years upto the age of 50 then annually thereon.
Yaz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts