YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ainsley @ Mar. 03 2004,15:45)] We ended up in a DS in Didcot where the service could not have been further from that at 'our' LDS, the upshot being 5 new divers buying mask, snorkel etc late on on a Saturday afternoon.
That'll be Aquarius. They're by no means cheapest but they stock almost everything you need, although it's a poky little shop, and will get you anything they haven't got in stock in a couple of days. Although I live in Sweden, I've bought a lot of bits and pieces from them during visits to the UK as my mother lived in nearby Cholsey and my sister still lives there. They've also posted various items to me. The owners are very nice, helpful people and it's a good example of what an LDS should be like. Even so, I've bought over the Internet when the price difference has been too great. I can't afford to be soft-hearted.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I notice one or two of you have expressed doubts about buying a drysuit at a diveshow. I bought my new drysuit at LIDS last year and it was a real bargain, so, to those of you needing a new drysuit, I'd say wait until after LIDS. You just might be able to pick up just what you're looking for at an exceptional price. Of course, you need to know what to look for and it must be a good fit, but that goes without saying.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Mar. 04 2004,00:38)]I think that might be the problem, i know that the chances of me fitting an off the peg suit are about 1,000,000 to 1
You never know. Mine was made to measure for someone else but is a perfect fit except that the boots are a bit big. However, I didn't change them as it's good to have room for an extra pair of thicks socks, especially in the winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.