YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

I tend to gets suits, boots, gloves and small items from my LDS as it means that there is less faffing about if they don't fit, leak, etc. Other items such as regs I get from LIDS (save all year and take the car time!).

I've recently gone off Internet shopping a bit as I have found that, if you shop about and are cheeky enough to ask, you can get a price which is pretty much the same from your LDS or you get lower quality goods (like cylinder valves  
) but you can get some good deals online.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ Mar. 03 2004,22:18)]My LDS just sucks.
I'm semi lucky, I have two LDS near home. One of the home LDSs is brilliant with cheerful, helpful staff and reasonable prices for Nitrox, technical bits, etc.

The other LDS is a perfect example of how not to run a dive centre. The staff are rude, offer dangerous advice, have a tiny range of equipment and everything is very expensive. Its a pitty that they are so different; some divers will only ever find the bad one  

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.