YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Imported post

A few years ago a few mates and I decided to go on hols to the Red sea and learn to dive.  So amongst the preparations we made was the desire to buy snorkel, fins, mask and boots.  Individually we all trotted off to our local dive shop where we found the most horrendous attitude and as a result we all went into the wilderness to find a 'friendly' diveshop.  

We ended up in a DS in Didcot where the service could not have been further from that at 'our' LDS, the upshot being 5 new divers buying mask, snorkel etc late on on a Saturday afternoon.

The last time I went in there I needed to hire a tank..they wanted a £300 cash deposit...now please somebody tell me that's not normal!  

So now we buy stuff from a variety of sources, net, diveshow, SDS and my local MikesWW.  Incidentally Mikes get quiet a bit of my cash because they are willing to explain things and allow me to try stuff on even if I'm not buying on that day.

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Imported post

John

Yep you're right it was Aquarius.  For the stuff we bought the price seemed about right, and the advice was top notch too.

We've tended to buy stuff in small groups which has given us some nice discounts at dive shows and LDS' in the past.

Next planned purchase, a dry suit each!  

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.