1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
That is a serious pig.... would be worrying if the first shot just got it a bit pissed off, it would eat you.....:D

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
OH MY GOD!!!!! That's a beast!!!

Dunno how the young lad didn't fill his pants! I'd have pooped myself if that was charging at me!

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Shame the porky little ******* didn't put a couple of bullets in his own head, if you ask me? :rolleyes:
Last time I suggested something similar - it didn't do down very well with the YD liberal left :D

Reactions: 57358

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
i would of thought the pig was running as fast as it could to escape the little ******* with his trouser round his ankles.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Reports are it wasn't a wild pig but a farm bread one called fred, still a seriously large bacon sandwich in the making though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It sure is a lot of pig, but am I the only one to wonder wtf an 11yr old is doing running round the woods with a 0.5 calibre pistol? (even with his dad there)

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
It sure is a lot of pig, but am I the only one to wonder wtf an 11yr old is doing running round the woods with a 0.5 calibre pistol? (even with his dad there)
Yeah, I'd have thought he'd have a much bigger one. colt 45 perhaps? What is America coming to???

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
a 0.5 calibre pistol? (even with his dad there)
Anything smaller wouldn't have dented it. 50 cal pistols are horrible to fire though.

Mind you he'd have been better off with a decent rifle. .338 anyone?

·
Dive Ninja and now Trainee Kit-donkey
157 Posts
article about fat little american git said:
The boar was shot 8 times and chased for 3 hours before being finished off with a point blank shot
am i the only one angered by this? The poor thing must have been terrified and in severe pain for the last 3 hours of its life. I hate unnecessary suffering of animals. Fine if u REALLY have to kill such a rare and wonderful animal, why not just pop it with a high powered rifle in the head and be done with it.

This kinda sh*t really angers me. I dont enjoy wishing harm on people but i wish the behemoth of a boar had run the little as*hole through with its tusks and then trampled his stupid little body into obvlivion. Oh you're on the honour role at your prissy little private school are you? Oh well that makes it ok then. NO IT DOESNT u flea-brained american fuc*ing barbarian. Why cant people just leave nature be?

Rant over.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
... Why cant people just leave nature be?
Cos then we would still live in caves.

Chris
(YD's liberal left :))
(Pig rib roast for tea mmmmm.... Portuguese black pig... MMMmMMMMMmmm)

Reactions: Jay

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
am i the only one angered by this? The poor thing must have been terrified and in severe pain for the last 3 hours of its life. I hate unnecessary suffering of animals. Fine if u REALLY have to kill such a rare and wonderful animal, why not just pop it with a high powered rifle in the head and be done with it.

This kinda sh*t really angers me. I dont enjoy wishing harm on people but i wish the behemoth of a boar had run the little as*hole through with its tusks and then trampled his stupid little body into obvlivion. Oh you're on the honour role at your prissy little private school are you? Oh well that makes it ok then. NO IT DOESNT u flea-brained american fuc*ing barbarian. Why cant people just leave nature be?

Rant over.
It wasn't a rare animal. It was farm bred, I heard the woman who sold it (she thought for slaughter but it ended up on a Dude Ranch for shooters) blowing the whistle on them.

Pig shooting's ok, they are all feral pigs here anyway, the reality of it is that it's vermin control, just like overgrown rabbits really. I've always fancied having a crack at it but fortunately, the wild porkers in Aus are all on the mainland, they don't like the weather down here, although there are a few on Flinders Island I believe.

·
10,679 Posts
It wasn't a rare animal. It was farm bred, I heard the woman who sold it (she thought for slaughter but it ended up on a Dude Ranch for shooters) blowing the whistle on them.
Ahh... the sad yanks. All the challenges and skill of shooting farm animals. In touch with yer primative side y'all...

Chris

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
No you're not, it pisses me off too. I'm not veggie, I eat meat, I don't like factory farming methods but I'm not an angel, but people who gets kicks out of causing fear and suffering in animals are wired wrong IMVHO.

Dave.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Ahh... the sad yanks. All the challenges and skill of shooting farm animals. In touch with yer primative side y'all...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Big Brother Contestants.......mad yanks with guns......................shooting.................no escape.

i believe i have an idea, does anyone know Jade Goody's agents number?

·
10,679 Posts
...but people who gets kicks out of causing fear and suffering in animals are wired wrong IMVHO.
Elizabeth Windsor
Charles Windsor
Camilla Parker-Bowles

To name but a few....

Yup wired wrong they sure are.

Chris

·
Dive Ninja and now Trainee Kit-donkey
157 Posts
Cos then we would still live in caves.

Chris
(YD's liberal left :))
(Pig rib roast for tea mmmmm.... Portuguese black pig... MMMmMMMMMmmm)
Pig shooting's ok, they are all feral pigs here anyway, the reality of it is that it's vermin control, just like overgrown rabbits really. I've always fancied having a crack at it but fortunately, the wild porkers in Aus are all on the mainland, they don't like the weather down here, although there are a few on Flinders Island I believe.
Its not the shooting of the pig i'm questioning. I'm fully aware that there are people everywhere that feel the need to hunt game. I accept theres nothing I could have done to stop Hogzilla II being killed. My point concerns the fact that it was done with a handgun, requiring 9 bullets and 3 hours to do what one well aimed high-velocity rifle shot would have achieved in seconds.

It isnt for me to question the desire of others to hunt. But if they must then it HAS to be done humanely. We have no excuse to do otherwise. We dont hunt with muskets any more.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts