YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi there folks.  Terminal boredom set in an handbag,net so thought I would defect.  Did I spell that wright? Marks out of 10? Sorry another shandy drinker seeking sojourn at the ramparts of Castle YD.  BTW I wasn't sure whether it was narcosis or narcolepsy that set in at www.handbag.net.  

I cannot promise to say very much or even post anything of any profundity, wit or wisdom but hopefully I know when to shut the [email protected] up and say nought.

Laters. Got to get the new twins ready for the christening ceremony.   In the name of the....

Peter

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Peter

Welcome aboard mate, as you can see we are getting kind of busy over here on planet YD, which is a good thing yes?

BTW.. being witty, wise or profound is not a requirement here, thank god, or I'd be bolloxed!!

Hope to read you soon mate

regards
Dave.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Peter,

Nay worries coming from D-net mate - alot of us did (including me!), it's just that, as you'll have read, the same rules do not apply here.

Speak your mind, get pissed-off and go for plenty, but do it a way that leaves you room to come back and speak to that person (not that I'm saying that that is your approach on D-net!) and do it with HUMOUR and banter!! Essential for your membership here.

Please feel free to ask what you will (with no fear of being flamed!) and speak as you find. No question too stupid. We like to try and help divers here - regardless of training agency (NO POLITICS!!) - so we dive regularly and meet often for a dive and a beer (and NO subs!).

Get in amongst it mate and give us your experiences. I've read the NT Divers site and it looks very similar to our cause in just enjoying safe/fun diving all over the place.

Welcome aboard and look forward to reading your postings,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Brief resume about me.  Been a diver for 2 years but only really active for the last 8 months. Just over the 100 dives now, with about half in the UK, the rest being Red Sea, Martinique and Cyprus. Dive at least a couple of times a month with my buddies from NT Diving ( no teddies) with whom I shall be going to Scapa in June for our first official club holiday. Day job is IT support so always lurking in the forums even if not posting.

Live in Sussex where I do most of my diving from Selsey with Dive Eclipse, but also venture all over the South coast.  Just moving to twinset diving and Nitrox personally and am enjoying watching the development of my 13 year old mini-me Alex who completed his PADI OW last year. He has just gone into a dry suit so more kit for me to store, clean and service. It's worth it though, I remind myself.

Have my own dive website which I put there for some bizarre reason, any comments welcome. That's about it really for now as I am diving later to baptise the new twinset at Horsea. Please assist if you see a bewildered diver in an Oceanic drysuit desperately attempting to rationalise where all the hoses go or have disappeared to...

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

PMT??? Is that something you suffer from?
:sofa:

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Jeeez John.  I thought all married men suffered from it.

You Know what's coming here right?

The wives / girlfriends / SO's have it and they make us truly suffer.;)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter and welcome to our little corner of the www.
think you'll find it interesting so get in amongst it
Chee-az
Steve
PS that www.handbag.net tag has really caught on hasn't' it? :lol2:  It keeps getting ascribed to me but in all honesty I borrowed it from someone else

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome and good to have you aboard.  Look forward to reading you on the boards, dive safely.  Ribbet.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pete.
Glad to see another one from `dan sarf` joining up.
How is discount Dave nowadays?
Dived with Dive Eclipse five times last year, so maybe we will meet up during the year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Thanks guys for the welcome and the sledging on the initials. I'm a big boy I can take it...  oh yes and give it.

Discount Dave is doing very well, making loads of improvements to his boat by all accounts.  I have a load of dives booked with Dave so we may well meet up. I often bring cake on board to guarantee I like the cake offered with the teas and coffees.

Regards

Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts