YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi gang

Big Steph has finally talked me into joining YD.  About me....Well I have been diving for a while now, firstly with BSAC then with ScotSAC.  We mainly dive the West coast of Scotland and the Oban area.  I was going to use Barnacle Bill as my user name, but someone has beaten me to it.

Catch ya all later

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Bill,

Bren must be away diving this weekend - he's usually first off the mark with the welcome mat.

We seem to have a good few members north of the border (be they Scottish or not) and we English make regular raids over The Wall, so we should have plenty of diving opportunities on offer. Our next foray is to Lochaline in two weeks - really looking forward to it.

And looking forward to perhaps meeting up over a wee dram some time in the future - welcome aboard!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Aug. 23 2003,21:40)]Hi Bill,

Bren must be away diving this weekend - he's usually first off the mark with the welcome mat.

We seem to have a good few members north of the border (be they Scottish or not) and we English make regular raids over The Wall, so we should have plenty of diving opportunities on offer. Our next foray is to Lochaline in two weeks - really looking forward to it.

And looking forward to perhaps meeting up over a wee dram some time in the future - welcome aboard!
Is that the trip Peter is organising?  If you have not been there before, the diving in the S.O.M is ace, as is the cabins at Lochaline.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yes, it is.

And no, I haven't.

In fact the Farnes and St Abbs is as far north as my diving has been. I get up to Scotland quite often (my wife's father lives in Livingston). Beautiful country but have never got any diving in. I'm sure it will be great - as long as I can keep the bloody midges away! They eat me alive!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Bill,

As Mark says mate, welcome to YD and thanks for growing the swelling ranks of the Jockanese contingent!

Assume you're invited on all the Planned Trips and get yourself on one or more of the dives on offer. Say Hi to Big Steph, Budgy et al for us.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

just realised I never said hi to the board to introduce myself so...

Hello

(and digger introduced me to the wonderful world of YD).:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (budgy @ Aug. 27 2003,16:19)]Hi Bill,
I expect I'll see you at St Cathrines in Sept.
Maybe Budgie, I would like to go because I have been hearing some very interesting stories about certain 'high and mighty' people in the past few months.  I look forward to some sport

·
Registered
27 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bikerbill @ Aug. 23 2003,18:22)] I was going to use Barnacle Bill as my user name, but someone has beaten me to it.
Hi Bikerbill

Yeh I am the Barnacle Bill refered to, funnily enough got the name after backing the club rib into the barnacles on Craignure pier, small world eh!

Next time you are in the Oban Inn give us all a quick toast to "Abscent Friends" you lucky b*****d

BB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts