YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spread sheet which I wish to insert into a thread here. I have tried using tinypic but no joy I have also tried using manage attachment and still no joy i get INVALID FORMAT message. Can someone tell me step by step what to do please?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Yaz,
Can you do a screen print and use the resulting image.
Adrian
That's Alt+PrtScrn (the active window only) or Ctrl+PrtScrn (the entire desktop) if you didn't know :teeth: and then Paste into any image program (Paint etc).

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs!

Martin

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's Alt+PrtScrn (the active window only) or Ctrl+PrtScrn (the entire desktop) if you didn't know :teeth: and then Paste into any image program (Paint etc).

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs!

Martin
No I am computer illiterate on these sort of matters. I can use basic word processing and a bit more , nowt else. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Yazzy, to save a picture of your screen

Press "Shift PrtSc"
open Paint, usually in All Programs>Accessories
Press "Ctrl V"

You should now see your screenshot in paint and if you want to cut or crop the pic you can do it.

next on the menu bar, click "File" then "Save As"

Pic a file name and I suggest you change the type to JPEG, then press "Save"

You will now have a screenshot of the excel file saved as a JPEG image, that you SHOULD be able to upload onto YD.

If you want the full spreadsheet and be able to alter the calculations or numbers, you will need to upload the file, in which case follow my previous post ;)

Arfie

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
you could change the view in Excel, select all the columns that you want to see and change to "View Selected" then try again. You can't scroll the pic though, it is like a photo of your screen.

If you want to post the whole file, you will have to do what I suggested in post #2

Arfie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.