YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a really good excuse to open a bottle of champagne tonight - and not because it's a Friday. Last week's excuse was my rather expensive, very detailed, highly painful and large tattoo (almost a half sleeve) was completed for example. Any suggestions please. A birthday, wedding anniversary, passed an important exam...

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
Last week's excuse was my rather expensive, very detailed, highly painful and large tattoo (almost a half sleeve) was completed for example. Any suggestions please.... anniversary.
Well it is the week anniversary of "rather expensive, very detailed, highly painful and large tattoo (almost a half sleeve) was completed" so you should have a scab coming off tipple :teeth:

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Your in Glasgow why do you need an excuse???????????? besides its friday

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, suppose

Well, I don't know what else to celebrate. I haven't got the final drawings for the other tattoo yet (another large one, almost a half sleeve) so I can't celebrate that being done. Anyone passed an National Divers Exam or something? All ideas gratefully received...

·
Registered
733 Posts
why do you need an excuse?

Life is too short to drink bad wine, unless it is vintage, it ought to be drunk within a year or so of bottling anyway. Drink it tonight whilst it is in top form.

If you really need an excuse, I'm sure there is an anniversary of something worth celebrating here:
May 11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
You can drink to me having lived here for 6 weeks and landing a nice job in a lovely dive centre.

And celebrate seeing the back of Teflon Tony

And that you are in (reasonably I hope) good health.

And celebrate the light evenings and the fact that summer is on its way.

And... erm.... it's the weekend :)

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
You could start the celebrations for Turbanator's birthday a bit early (it's on Saturday :) )

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
It's still my birthweek and I love champagne!

·
Somewhere in the sea!!
113 Posts
you can celebrate the fact that .....

I have landed my self a nice new job!!! :)

TTFN

TD

Ps it is the weekend

PPS and i am on holiday for the next week in sunny Malta!!!

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What and excuse!!

I have landed my self a nice new job!!! :)

TTFN

TD

Ps it is the weekend

PPS and i am on holiday for the next week in sunny Malta!!!

Nice one, in fact, all excuses will do - but going to Malta! Oh you jammy devil - I'm going back in November. Where will you be staying and with which school are you diving? Or are you doing a frog-trick and diving independently?:teeth: :teeth: Congrats on the new job - what is it?

·
Somewhere in the sea!!
113 Posts
I am stay in the luna complex in maleaha (spelt very worng :frown: ) just going to see what diving i can get when i get there.. as the two girls i am going with are non divers!!! (the shame of it) so will only be getting a couple of days under the water

As for my new job.. after graduating over a year ago and working in HR since cant wate to get out.. i have accepted a positon as a Trainnee Subsea Draughtsperson.. (i have to go back to school for a wee bit.. to get an HND in mechcanical engineering..but as the compay is paying that is not a problem.. in fact it works as i was thinking of going back to uni to do an engineering degree.. i did ocean sciences and technology as my first degree).. so looking forward to it.. i am staying with the same company so first say nerves wont be so bad!!! that and the pay is not to bad for my frist proper job!!! :teeth:

thank for the congrats!!!

TTFN

TD

·
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am stay in the luna complex in maleaha (spelt very worng :frown: ) just going to see what diving i can get when i get there.. as the two girls i am going with are non divers!!! (the shame of it) so will only be getting a couple of days under the water

As for my new job.. after graduating over a year ago and working in HR since cant wate to get out.. i have accepted a positon as a Trainnee Subsea Draughtsperson.. (i have to go back to school for a wee bit.. to get an HND in mechcanical engineering..but as the compay is paying that is not a problem.. in fact it works as i was thinking of going back to uni to do an engineering degree.. i did ocean sciences and technology as my first degree).. so looking forward to it.. i am staying with the same company so first say nerves wont be so bad!!! that and the pay is not to bad for my frist proper job!!! :teeth:

thank for the congrats!!!

TTFN

TD

Ooooh, nice one. :girlhug: Can't spell Malehia either!! Me - I go out and if you don't dive, tough - enjoy the sightseeing! My other half doesn't dive, but he comes out for the break. :teeth:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Depending on the type of diving you want, Meldives is right next to the Luna complex. If you don't mind where you dive, they are pretty good.

If you do dive with them, say "Hi" from Andrew, Karen and Sharon!

Andrew

PS I think its "Mellieha"

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just like only eating oysters when there's an "R" in the month -

you should only drink stuff with bubbles in when there's an "A" in the day.

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
Drink to the fact that our bonuses were announced today - a measly 2.8% of salary - saying that though they set such ridiculous targets for the year that I suppose we should be grateful for anything at all!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts