YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Gents,

Why dont you just go straight to the horses mouth?? jeez, that Rubicon directory only contains snippets..

Download this, take a read, have a heart attack about its reccomendations NOT to breath high PPO2 oxygen, due to long term brain damage, and then report back in :)

http://www.si.edu/dive/pdfs/proceedings_haldane.pdf

This is probably the best read you'll get available at the moment.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
ohh as for excercise, the report says moderatw excercise and moderate dehydration before a dive are beneficial. TOOO much dehydration is bad. Likewise OVER hydration is bad, and moderate excercise on decompression is good.

Really interesting reading :)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Gents,

Why dont you just go straight to the horses mouth?? jeez, that Rubicon directory only contains snippets..

Download this, take a read, have a heart attack about its reccomendations NOT to breath high PPO2 oxygen, due to long term brain damage, and then report back in :)

http://www.si.edu/dive/pdfs/proceedings_haldane.pdf

This is probably the best read you'll get available at the moment.
Got the hard copy at home thanks to the Smithsonian ;)

Regards

·
Rich D
582 Posts
Excersize 12 hours before a dive should be beneficial, while a no no after the dive, however saying that I had my bend 12 hours after a good cardio session at the gym... Make sure your properly hydrated before the dive!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't force yourself to run if you don't want to. if your body is tired of this, that it should be given time to rest. If you don't want to stay out of the workout, then take up less active sport. For example, yoga. When I'm too lazy to run, jump or pump my abs, I do yoga. I take on the Internet a variety of exercises or go to group yoga classes. By the way, because of these classes, I wanted to learn more about yoga. So I decided to fly to a yoga retreat that I found on yogapractice.com.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All divers should keep general fitness but certain exercises exactly relate to diving because divers use various muscle:
The exercises you can do if you are a diver:
1. Workout for your toes.
2. Position and back strength act as an important part of divers.
3. Strengthen your core muscles by doing some back exercises.
4. Workout to strengthen your thighs and your knees.
5. Calf raises to strengthen your calves.
6. Increase your core strength and stop back problems by always engaging your core muscles every time you pick up any object of weight, bend with your knees, and not with your back.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts