YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok folks, here's where I'll put some info about the Northern "Discover DIR" session :)

Same idea as the Southern session, this is about trying some kit, finding out more about DIR and maybe even getting a dive in! Rich Walker has kindly offered to help out with this session, so this is a golden opportunity to benefit from an experienced GUE instructor.

Personally I'll only be able to make one of the two days so we'll definitely do something on Saturday 28th. If people would like to do Sunday as well let me know and I'll see whether we have mentorists who can do the whole weekend!

Post/PM if you want to come along. If I get a PM I'll assume you want to keep anonymous ;) Please also mention if you want to try kit then I can see about having some bits for people to try out.

If you're available to help out please also post/PM - the more the merrier :teeth:

1. MartyC
2. Bouyant Babe (fins)
3. puddlediver
4. Eeyore
5. Steve Harriss
6. Yazzyfooty (would like to try twins)
7. sean0801
8. Taza
9. jcsp (fins, valve drill)

Keep the names coming - if we have to split the dives into a couple of groups then that's what we'll do :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok folks, here's where I'll put some info about the Northern "Discover DIR" session :

I'll start with an empty list in case those that have expressed interest can't make the date.

1. MartyC
Neil I am interested:)

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Neilh said:
Ok folks, here's where I'll put some info about the Northern "Discover DIR" session

Same idea as the Southern session, this is about trying some kit, finding out more about DIR and maybe even getting a dive in!

Personally I'll only be able to make one of the two days so we'll definitely do something on Saturday 28th. If people would like to do Sunday as well let me know and I'll see whether we have mentorists who can do the whole weekend!

Post/PM if you want to come along. If I get a PM I'll assume you want to keep anonymous :wink: Please also mention if you want to try kit then I can see about having some bits for people to try out.

If you're available to help out please also post/PM - the more the merrier

I'll start with an empty list in case those that have expressed interest can't make the date.
1. MartyC
2. Bouyant Babe (added until she confirms either way)

Wouldn't want Helen to miss out as she isn't online at the moment. :)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
As far as I'm aware I can make this :teeth:

I belive gwilson and Sean0801 were interested too.

Hxxx

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Oooh, why is it all up north. Why don't they have one down south, proper like? ;)

*whinge moan* in a sanddancer style........

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
1. MartyC
3. Gareth Wilson (Gwilson)

Wouldn't want Helen to miss out as she isn't online at the moment. :)
28th of which month? That will be July then must learn to read properly

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Oooh, why is it all up north. Why don't they have one down south, proper like? ;)

*whinge moan* in a sanddancer style........
Oi, you calling this here Sanddancer a whingebag? :wink:

You expect us to sympathise with you since you moved to Cornwall and have fantastic year-round diving on your doorstep? Pah! Think again missy! :)

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Everywhere is up north to you :D
No it isn't. there is at least 10 miles south of me.

Besides, as for fantastic year round diving - I am back diving a week and it looks like this weekend could be my first blow-out! Fan-bloomin'-tatic.

Helen - whingebag, what you dear, no dear.... ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Ok folks, here's where I'll put some info about the Northern "Discover DIR" session :)

Same idea as the Southern session, this is about trying some kit, finding out more about DIR and maybe even getting a dive in! Rich Walker has kindly offered to help out with this session, so this is a golden opportunity to benefit from an experienced GUE instructor.

Post/PM if you want to come along. If I get a PM I'll assume you want to keep anonymous ;) Please also mention if you want to try kit then I can see about having some bits for people to try out.

If you're available to help out please also post/PM - the more the merrier :teeth:

1. MartyC
3. Eeyore
4. Steve Harriss

Count me in!
Any idea the costs involved?

Aaran

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Count me in!
Any idea the costs involved?

Aaran
The same as the ones down south. Hot chocolate and a burger :D plus your own costs for gas and entrance fees. There is no charge for the southern sessions, and if the norverners do, they are just tight :D

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The same as the ones down south. Hot chocolate and a burger :D plus your own costs for gas and entrance fees. There is no charge for the southern sessions, and if the norverners do, they are just tight :D
Hehe, yep no charges involved - but we'll be feeding the bananas to the fish instead of the chimps :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good stuff Neil
Funnily enough i was gonna mail you this morning to see if you wanted to arrange something like this.
I would be well up for helping out mate but will be travelling back from scapa on the evening of the 28th with all of the Wirral contingent.

Good luck with it

Sykesy

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Can i get put back on the list it appears a donkey has kicked me off :teeth:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts