YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

just to say hi to everyone, only done two try dives, absolutey loved it waiting to start course with sedgefield divers, great bunch of people, must say im now very envious after reading some of these posts and look forward to doing some real diving once qualified.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the forums - and welcome to diving! We're a great bunch of people here - you'll find BSAC, PADI, Tekkies, advanced divers, beginners etc. In other words, a great source of knowledge. The unwritten motto on YD seems to be "The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask" so feel free to ask as many questions as you want. You're sure to get a ton of great replies (they might not all agree, but they'll all be great!!)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Skener! :luxhello: everyone on here started out just like you,  so don't be afraid to ask advice, or comment on anything you read :book2: in the forums.  

(Edited by Eddie at 9:03 am on July 17, 2002)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome!  They even allow frogs on here!  :froggy:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi skener

If your at Sedgefield then your not far from me, I live at Ingley Barwick just the other side of Stockton from Sedgefield..

If you need anything just gimme a shout either by email or private message.

Glad to have you join us mate (it is mate isn't it?)

Best regards
Dave :thumb:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Skener,

Welcome aboard mate and good luck with your course. They say that every great journey begins with the 1st step - and this diving journey is one that you're gonna love. Look forward to seeing your postings on YD and maybe hooking up for a dive when you're 'good-to-go'.

Cheers,

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Yes greetings brother...the best thing about YD is the people. The second best is the emoticons... :confined: I'm just up the road in Durham City (unless there are 2 Sedgefields), so as with Dave, feel free to give me a yell etc...I'm only fairly new at this game myself but I can tell you every minute has been worthwhile :eyemouth:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

thanks to everyone who replied, i have really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum some great posts, i am just down from durham, spennymoor in fact, i can only imagine what it must be like to dive out in open water, but the experience of diving in a pool was just so fantastic, i only wish i had tried this years ago,im off on holiday to comino in august and by all accounts it is supposed to be really good to dive there, apparently there is a dive school on the island so i hope to get at least a couple of try dives in to stop my withdrawl symptons, im going to get myself a mask, snorkel and fins to take with me is there any to avoid? thanks again i look forward to the day i can meet up with some of you to go diving.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

You can't go wrong with Mares gear, but I am sure other members have there own prefrences...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts