YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i'm a unhappy bunny right now, how can the DVLA tell you on your reminder its£96 then charge you £110!!!

Having a little disclaimer on the payment page saying the price is different dependant on when you buy is pure bollocks.

Nothing on the reminder to say this, fu*"ing load of toss

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_down::angry:

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Have you not seen the red text on below the Black box which says you can win a SEAT?

"THE RATE SHOWN WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PRINTING HOWEVER A DIFFERENT RATE MAY BE PAYABLE DEPENDING ON WHEN THE LICENCE IS PURCHSED"

Quit yer whining! :D

·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And you can bugger off as well Mr point out the obvious that i missed:D

Why give a price?
Why not just say "when you go to pay, drop your trousers so we can screw you all the more easily"

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Have you not seen the red text on below the Black box which says you can win a SEAT?

"THE RATE SHOWN WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PRINTING HOWEVER A DIFFERENT RATE MAY BE PAYABLE DEPENDING ON WHEN THE LICENCE IS PURCHSED"

Quit yer whining! :D
Don't most cars have seats in them anyway? why would you need a spare?

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Right i'm a unhappy bunny right now, how can the DVLA tell you on your reminder its£96 then charge you £110!!!

Having a little disclaimer on the payment page saying the price is different dependant on when you buy is pure bollocks.

Nothing on the reminder to say this, fu*"ing load of toss

GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_down::angry:
Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are talking about 6 months tax. You're getting all pissed off, and hot under the collar, about your road tax costing you 7p a day more than you expected. :)

Wouldn't like to be the bottle monkey giving you 220 bar instaed of 232 :)

·
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is it, night of the smartarse or something;)

Just why put a price on? as car tax goes up, roads get worse petrol tax goes up, just seems another way of ripping us off

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hey up!..

Erindoors picked our car a Seat Arosa S.

Cheap tax and insurance, will do 80mph+ all day, weighs nowt and goes on our trailer at the back of the motor home and you cant tell its on the back, does miles to the gallon compared to all the Jeeps and Mondeos we have had.
Its like the Tardis inside plenty of room.

Small is big, as erindoors says "size doesn't matter" apparently!...

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
I got caught out like that on Saturday, went to the post office cheque already made out and was told it went from £175 to £200 in the budget. Renewals were printed before the increase.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
mutters under breath about stupid ecomentalists and there whinings driving up the price of fuel and road use by scaremongering making it hard to runa proper vehicle in this country and everyone else running around in tiny tin boxes which are at eyeball hight with abull bar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts