YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#00FFFF'>
Just wanted to say hi.  I'm just a holiday diver (Padi Advanced) and have only once tried british diving in Stoney.  But if anyone wants a buddy for warmer climes then I'm here so do get in touch.

Squirt

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

LOL... Hey Squirt welcome to the boards, but with all due respect making a statement like "British Diving just does nothing for me!" based on a dive at Stoney is a bit of a joke..

Have a look at these pictures they might go a little way to helping you understand what British diving can be about.

Farne Islands : http://www.grodmanssyndikatet.se/images/farnes03/index.html

St Abbs : http://www.grodmanssyndikatet.se/images/farnes03/index.html

I hope you have the opportunity to try out some real British diving before you give up on it..

Best regards and good luck with your annual dip.

Dave..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#00FFFF'>Hey didn't mean to offend you Dave.  Everyone to their own.  I just don't like freezing cold water and hoods!  Obviously I'm just a soft girl!  Also I can get to the red sea as quick as I can to St. Abbs!!  Your photo's are lovely and the seal is sooo cute.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

You didn't offend squirt, not at all... if anything I was saddened that you'll miss out on so much good stuff, but my missus is of the exact same mindset as yourself... she thinks we all mad..

BTW the pictures aren't mine I just pinched the links to give you a great view of some of the things on offer.

All the best with your diving... can't argue with you about the Red Sea mind... fantastic place

Dave.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All the best with your diving... can't argue with you about the Red Sea mind... fantastic place
Thats if ya boat stays afloat

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Squirt

Welcome to the boards, each to their own. Cold water - we had one of ours doing a 25m dive in a pool shorty the other week off Dover.

Check out some dive reports for what its like:- Canterbury Divers

These are not all our dives this year just a selection, we don't take ourselves to seriouse as you can see, but we do have a laugh and some very good dives.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hi Squirt

Don't give up on it just yet, Stoney is not the best diving in the UK, I'm off to the farnes 1/2 Nov and off to the Sound Of Mull with my other alf & a small YD crew. If you want to get some advice from my partner Liz, drop me a PM as we are in W.Yorks.:)

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (squirt @ Oct. 09 2003,21:29)]Obviously I'm just a soft girl!  Also I can get to the red sea as quick as I can to St. Abbs!!  
I am just a soft girl too but i love UK diving in the sea! You might be able to get to the red sea fairly quickly but you can take more luggage to Mull and the diving is awesome! And the beer i better! LOL.

Seriously , we all love warm water clear viz but we also love seeing all the wee beasties and wrecks around britain.

I am in west yorks too so if chris can talk you into coming out to play with us then we would love to have you along!

anyhow welcome aboard..
Jules

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#00FFFF'>Thank you to everyone for the great welcome notes, what a great bunch of folks Yorkshire divers are.  Maybe one day you may even tempt me into those cold british waters  .... at the moment tho' I'm looking for a week around Xmas in the Red Sea.  If anyone hears of any good liveaboards or shore based hols. preferrably flying from Manchester and definately not Gatwick please do let me know.

Thanks.  

Sue

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD.
Please chance the colour of your messages then l can read them & reply  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Howard

Eyesight going closely follows hair loss and greek god physique loss.  

But i was going to ask the same, if i angle my laptop screen just so i can read it.  

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>the angle does not matter on an Abacus does it Howard ??

regards
The Drug Runner

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Sue,

You are welcome indeed to YD. Please get in amongst it (whether you dive in the UK or not) and feel free to ask any questions on the subject you fancy - we've invariably got some one here who can give you the goods for a correct answer.

Dive safe and cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Is that better for y'all !  I would be soooo sad if you didn't talk to me anymore just cause your colour predujice!  

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I wouldn't say prejudice as such just not actually being able to read a word that you'd written so if i'd replied it probably would have had absolutely no relation to what you'd written

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Oct. 11 2003,18:18)]if i'd replied it probably would have had absolutely no relation to what you'd written
Isn't that fairly normal for YD though?

Tom

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>hello squirt, i must admit i was exactly the same as you as regards diving in  the GB. iWAS ONLY DIVING IN EGYPT WARM GOOD VIZ ETC ETC ETC. but have now dived in GB and find it is not too bad. very good for buddy skills and underwater navigation ( still need some work with that though eh simontw???) plenty of things to do so dont be put off?? see ya:D

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dive where you're comfortable Sue, however if I read your thread right your a northern lass so you should be okay in the cooler british waters. I like it home and abroad, just got back from a trip to Scapa, Loch Long and Capernwray, now I'm packing for Egypt on Wednesday.
I dont know if your registerd but www.oonasdivers.com have some places for single females on Red Sea livaboards.
Check it out and dive safe, warm or cold.
Welcome to YD
Simon TW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts