YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi All
Would love to Dive in Red Sea.  Holiday along with family of non-divers on the cards for summer 2004.  Anyone tell me which resort & hotel would be best ie lots of activities to keep the teenagers etc happy.

Pat

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pat
I can highly recommend El Gouna for non-divers.   There is so much else to do: golf, go-karting, horse riding, camel riding, quad bikes, desert safaris, dinner with the Bedouins, fishing, windsurfing, sailing, shopping, etc. etc.   Just travelling around El Gouna on the shuttle boats or taking a lagoon trip is great.   Everything is very laid back and you don't get the harrassment or crowds like Sharm or Hurghada.   The whole of El Gouna is safe so you have no need to worry about teenagers wondering around on their own.   In the evening it is lovely to walk around Downtown or the Marina choosing bars and restaurants or browsing the souvenier shops.

The family can accompany you on the dive boats too for snorkelling.   There are only a few dive boats on the dive sites around El Gouna and interaction with the dolphins is wonderful.

There are great beaches to visit and Zeytuna Beach is reached by shuttle boat and has a 400 metre jetty out to the reef for snorkelling.

I recommend the Dive Tribe dive centre but there are several others although they tend to attract the same nationality i.e. Dive Tribe mainly has British divers.

My apartment is probably not suitable for you as it only sleeps 2/3?   I would recommend the Sultan Bey Hotel or Dawar El Omda Hotel as they are built in the Nubian style and have loads of character and Egyptian furnishings.   Movenpick is probably the best but it is on the edge of El Gouna and it is nice just to wonder around in the evening without catching shuttle buses.  Everyone I speak to in the Movenpick never seems to venture out the hotel.    Rihana Three Corners is also good and very central for walking either to Downtown or Abu Tig Marina.   It is next door to my place incase you wanted to put the kids in there and have the peace and quite of an apartment

There are loads of links on my website below to help you.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Sharm is nice fom families unlike Hurgarda which is rough and ready - very Egyptian. At least in Sharm you don't feel out of place walking around and it is fairly relaxed and western to a point. Go for a resort hotel if you are a bit shy.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Imported post

Dahab is great for divers, but there is very little for non-divers to do.  No clubs/nightlife to speak of, so teenagers are not going to like it much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Guys

thanks for all the info - will let you know how I get on.

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts