YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Actually the cost of one extra hotel room is the cost of two adults - as most places I'v efound charge two adulst per room. So a holiday with a base price of £1500 is costing me £7000 for the family :eek:

Butlins - nah :)

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Actually the cost of one extra hotel room is the cost of two adults - as most places I'v efound charge two adulst per room. So a holiday with a base price of £1500 is costing me £7000 for the family :eek:

Jings. That's 2 weeks in the Red Sea per person, or half a Galapagps trip each.

How about Centre Parcs then? :D

Or Eurocamp....

Oooh! Alton Towers in the Chocolate Room!

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
He knows about France the first time.
Not the second...

He knows about Ibiza
But not Florida
Or Budapest
Or... ;)

Oops :)
Good god, and you are complaining about paying for one extra hotel room!?!
Lou, how do you expect her to be able to pay for this family holiday, the poor woman has had to spend all her money on dive trips, something has to be sacraficed you know :)

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts

I've got 2 weeks in Florida in July - 4 People (2 Adults and 2 Children - although the kids costs are nearly as much as the Adult costs - maybe 10% cheaper!)

Accomodation in a suite in the Quality Inn on International Drive (cheap and cheerful)
14 Days Rental Car
7 Days Disney Multi-pass
14-Days Unlimited Flex-Pass (everything else)
Flights

All for £2150. (saving about £1500)

Did it through Thomson.com who have some cracking late deals at the moment.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
I won't pretend to have read the thread, so I appologies in advance if this has been mentioned before, but have you thought of 'self cattering in a Large private Villa? I know your a posh Tory bird so you've got sacks of cash to blow and if the thought of taking on a kitchen, on your own makes you feel physically sick ('we have staff for that dear) you could always hire in a chief and maid.

Seriously, I've not stayed in a hotel ever I think, Apart from business trips. We always book a private villa, and make our own arrangements. You can make/encourage the children wash and dry (unless you have a dishwasher), and if they help you out with the catering, the bonding time together has to be worth it alone.

Dave C

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
A few holidays at Butlin's Sumerwest world in Minehead and Skegness never did me any harm, if you don't count the stunted growth (malnutriton), the rickets (we couldn't afford fresh fruit), and smokers cough (passive you understand, as we were under 7 years of age).

:D

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Weymouth is nice this time of year and for 7 grand you can have my house and I'll camp in the garden and cook and do your laundry. Deal?

I'll even sing and dance for you in the evening for that price and chauffeur you wherever you want to go.
Shhhhhhhhh.....we have enough bloody tourists we don't need more....it's already taking me 1hr 45min to get home of an evening.....Jeez!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts