YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the season has just kicked off up here, so this will probably be my last post on here for a while (unless i manage to save up and buy a laptop and then work out how the hell to use wireless internet).

First two groups went with a few teething problems, but then it is a new boat and we would have been foolish to think that it would be problem free (all minor issues and all sorted out). Hopefully all the creases are ironed out now and the rest of the season will go easily with only the weather and the silt fairy to bugger things up.

The new lift is working a treat after we worked out a few kinks in the design (ie we broke it a couple of times), but now it can more than cope with Woz and his stage cylinder, we think it is officially road tested :D

Soooo i look forward to seeing some of you over the summer, and please try to behave on here in the next few months ;)

Take care, dive safe

H xx

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
Have a nice time at sea - I'll be up for the Northern Isles gig. Looking forward to it!

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Have fun and don't be breaking that boat till I have a go later this year.
See Ya in August Helen.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi Helen
Its been nice having you around on the boards again so hope you can get something sorted puter wise. Anyway will see you in the summer on the Northern Isles trip which I'm really looking forward to. Hope you've got a nice big bucket for soaking camera equipment on that new boat of yours! :)
Take care and hope the season goes well for you both.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
The new lift is working a treat after we worked out a few kinks in the design (ie we broke it a couple of times), but now it can more than cope with Woz and his stage cylinder, we think it is officially road tested :D
Take care, dive safe

H xx
More like officially rude tested.

Have fun,

Adrian

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heheh, i have a bloody great tea urn and a kettle, so something capable of making a cup of tea should survive till then.
Jane, we have a big plastic box for cameras (which Woz's lot used to store beer..... :rolleyes: ) into which i put fresh water for you to soak stuff.
We also have the "wussy water" as it has become known - a bucket full of hot water for gloves and hoods :D as well as the customary cold for masks.
X-Scooter testing went down a storm, except that someone jumped in without his weight belt and then thought no-one had noticed...eh digger?
Widescreen TV going on the wall in the next few days, so all looking great :)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Hope you have a great season this year Helen (and Hazel). I'll keep in touch by phone and text :girlhug: :)

Love Hxxx

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Hope you have a great season this year Helen (and Hazel). I'll keep in touch by phone and text :girlhug: :)
They have phones and mobiles up there???

I thought they tied messages to the legs of carrier sheep up there - you live and learn.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
They have phones and mobiles up there???

I thought they tied messages to the legs of carrier sheep up there - you live and learn.
yes but if on Orange forget about a signal in Stromness. Voda was much better.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Have a good safe season girls.
Shame I cant make the visit this year, too much going on at home really.

Best wishes
Matt

·
The plan is vital, it's something to deviate from.
487 Posts
Wide screen TV? Tea urn? Warm water for hood and gloves? Lift?

Deary, deary me. Whatever happened to the good old days of converted fever ships (Though I was never sure if that was dive boats converted into fever ships or t'other way round) where you passed the time between dives and kept warm by manually pumping the compressor, but only if you could get back up the spine ladder with the missing step right at the top...?

Actually it sounds really great - I keep promising myself a return trip to Scapa and one of these days I'm going to have to stop thinking about it and get on and do it! Good luck and have a great season!

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts