YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The idiots idiot.
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have booked a couple of spaces with William Shiels for Sat 14th, at the moment there are still spaces left, but of course this will change quite quickly!

Please ring William direct to confirm on 01665 721297

Skipper: William Shiel; Boat: Glad Tidings 7 (lift & loo)
Sites: TBC max depth 30m
Ropes Off: 0900 hrs (ish)

Get yer names down - you know you want to!!

·
Go in deep and come out wet
731 Posts
Will see you there :) We're out on Sovereign Saturday/Sunday

·
The idiots idiot.
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an addition to this thread...
We're also going out with Paul Crowe at St Abbs on Friday 13th (oooh scary..) again, there's spaces available - you can let me know on this one and I'll pass it on to Paul.
Not 100% sure of times yet, but it's fairly safe to say 10:00am & 2:00pm ropes off..

·
Add Water To Activate
1,433 Posts
Viz was 4-6m which wasn't much less than the viz on the surface at times:)
I have never seen fog sooooo thick roll in so quick but we eventually got out on both sites & had 2 fabulous days diving. Many thanks to Paul Crowe, William Sheils & Russ :thumbs_up:

·
Go in deep and come out wet
731 Posts
I agree with the post from LisaR - Viz around 4-6M - Fog on saturday meant it was a last minute decision for the skippers to go our or not, I'm glad they did as our 2nd dive of the day (location unknown - sorry) was cracking! (1st dive was ok-ish but much poorer viz)

Sunday was a much better day in regards to surface weather - bright blue skies and not a breath of wind!

Did Castle Rock 1st dive (excellent and full of life) and 2nd dive was just near the lighthouse where a number of seals were in the water, although we never got to see one under it :(

Hats off to our skipper Andy of Sovereign.

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Sadly I couldn't make the trip but when we returned home late afternoon and took the mutts onto the beach at Low Newton we could hardly see them!!

The fog was very spooky and really patchy in places. It was a shame as the daytime viz was good inland.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves and weren't too disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.