YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
I did my OE/cavern the week after you and found it to be most enjoyable. The Hardest bit was the climb to the silica mines with kit, but at least there was new railings to help up the slope. When I was there, a team of polish guys from london were unloading their van and car of wings with twin AL80s to trudge up the slope with and there was 1 in particular we overtook up the hill lying on his back gasping for air. The upshot of all this is that I am going to do the next level course after some more time in the water and a purchase of a sidemount harness. Thanks Martyn for a great course and for passing on some of your enthusiasm.

Reactions: Letz

·
364 Posts
and no, Martyn doesn't say that to everyone :p He is an excellent instructor and knows when to give encouragement but he'll tell you when you cock up, rest assured
Im glad to hear that, as he made positive comments about our buddy pairs bouyancy, organisation and communication. makes me feel good.

·
364 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it - it's a brave man that carries twins up that hill...or anything other than himself for that matter! If your are thinking about going on to do the next part of the course at some point let me know (it'll probably be a Feb '12 for me though).
I hope to be doing it this autumn. That hill is really something, with my OMS SS backplate & wing with twin 7s, but it wasnt as bad as a couple of people led me to believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.