YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hey hey I've just looked at the BBC Weather website for Berwick on Tweed for the next 5 days and guess what, its southerly's and south westerly's all the way.... could it mean... should it mean... Abbs this weekend???

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I bloody hope so.

As long as we get 3 days of Souwesterlies/Southerlies then the viz'll be fine and dandy.

I'll call the hairy man with boat on Thursday and get a prediction.

Woo and yay

PS according to the met office Saturday should be SW and sunny - oh yes

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 9:24 pm on Nov. 25, 2002)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Cancel that for me, I got all mixed up in the excitement of a good weather report... I already have a previous engagement with some top company and fine wines this weekend.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I could be tempted for a trip to Abbs, but prefer Sat not Sunday.
You thinking of a hardboat dives Gav or just gettin weather predictions from the skipper? If hardboating; whose, how much, what launch time and any planned sites?
(no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!)
Cheers
Steve

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

X a possibility, oh no, Scotland again!!!!!

Best not to think about it to much as our lucks not been to good recently with weather.

If its on, count me in!!!!

If all fails or looks a bit bad later in the week, how about some lake district diving.

Possibly some devils gas. Could do with a bit more practice with it!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Bastards! How d'you always know when I'm on weekends?

Gav, got a number for Jay and Simon? Wanna play in this quarry and find my feet - so to speak

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Ben  - lakes are always my backup site so if weather turns nasty that's do-able. Ullswater is nearest for me, Crummock is another frequent choice, think Wast is a long way for a day trip as means setting off hideously early from Tyneside.
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Boys, if the weather's good then I'll be up for diving both days at Abbs.

The idea would be hardboat, Billy Aitchison, £7.50 per dive inclusive of choccie biccy and coffee, and site will be skippers choice but probably not too deep scenic stuff. Maybe the Glanmire but that's all sub-30m stuff. Launch times by negotiation but Billy will be back and forth all day so hopefully not too early.

If the weather turns to shit then the Lakes sound interesting. I'm open to ideas apart from some of the dodgy things that Willo and the boys get up to !!!!!!!

Drift - I'm not sure if Jason and Simon are at the Quarry this w/e but they might be check out <a href="http://wwww.deepbluescuba.co.uk">Deep Blue</a>for the contact details for the duo. Good news is Simon is back in the water again.

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 2:35 pm on Nov. 26, 2002)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like a potential plan.
Abbs first choice,
Lakes second.

Whatever lets try and make it a 2 day `er with loads of diving.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

AIUI the Glanmire has a fairly small diving "window", so planning it takes a little preparation;  got an article about it in a Dive mag somewhere - scenic stuff suits me fine any day

Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Steve,

I was working on the premise that if we arrive and we get offered the Glanmire cos the tide's OK then make a decision.

I much prefer the Skellys myself.

If the weather is pants then Lakes sound good. Any chance of diving one with something in it? A fish maybe?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Steve,

See HERE half way down for the Glanmire....

Wouldn't mind seeing it sometime mesel....

PS Gav, Deepblue's site is down (500 internal error)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Drifty - office number is 0131 556 2635

Ben, "a bunkhouse" I don't think I've ever been in one of those. Does it have room service?

What d'you reckon Steve, Marco anyone else?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Ben - you were staying at mine on Saturday. I wasn't exactly waited on hand and foot by Fi.

In fact I made the breakfast, went to the shops, waved goodbye as she went off to the Opera ...

I'm a martyr me y'know.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Positively a prisoner in your own home. In fact I did notice your cinderella broom in the understairs broom cupboard where I expect you are locked away at night!!!!!!!

Still wont be a problem. Im such a Jonah when it comes to St Abbs weather we have more chance of diving off the coast of Switzerland!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts