YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just in case anyone is interested,  I received the following email today.

P.S,  Come on SteveW/Andy2Tanxs lets descend on them on twinset orientation day.  The inverts should screw things up nicely

------------------------------------------------------------
Stupid SMB Bay.

Sunday 28th December

Design your own CRAZY smb and dive with it at Vobster Quay Diving Centre

A prize to the Value of £50 for the best entrant

Please telephone and reserve your space.

Christmas opening times

We will be closed on December 23rd 24th 25th 26th 31st 1st & 2nd January

We will be open on 27th 28th 29th 30th 3rd 4th January Then open as normal.

ALL THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT WISH A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR DIVERS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL SOON

During the winter season we will be closing on a Tuesday for site maintenance If you have a group who wish to come and dive on a Tuesday please telephone and we will be pleased to open for you.

Special events days for 2004

We have planned the following special event days for next year

Full face mask try dive on 24th & 25th January 2004 No more cold faces. £35 includes hot drinks (numbers limited please book)

Following the success of our last two Re-breather try dive days we have planned another on 6th March 2004 cost £35 includes hot drinks.

Twin set orientation day. Always wondered what its like to dive with a twin cylinders then now's your chance. Covers kit configuration and the best ways to use a twin set Cost £35 includes hot drinks Booking essential.

Keep checking our web site for more events

If you have a club or group that would like to book a night dive with us then please contact us as we can arrange this on any evening.

STARTING IN JANUARY

WE WILL BE OFFERING A CLUB MEMBERSHIP TO INDIVIDUAL DIVERS. QUAY CLUB MEMBERS WILL GET FREE ENTRANCE TO VOBSTER QUAY DIVING CENTRE AND ONE FREE AIR FILL PER VISIT ALONG WITH DISCOUNT IN THE SHOP AND MANY MORE FEATURES AS THE YEAR GOES ON. COST £180 PER PERSON.   IF YOU VISIT US MORE THAN 14 TIMES YOU ARE IN PROFIT. ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM THE FRIENDLIEST DIVING CENTRE IN THE COUNTRY

www.vobsterquay.co.uk

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Spoilt for choice,
RB and Twin-sets.

RB is ther a minimum cert level - I bet its more than AOW, bugger
Twins - do we get to dive them.

Same day?

I know I'll look at the website

Added - doesnt seem to be on there, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

Matt

Last time it was AOW for both..  I think its ran by Frank Bruce..

If you want to do it get in quick

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Matt so we might tempt you into the joys of Vobster.

I was there yesterday and had +10m vis in some places and 6m+ generally (Honest)...

Give them a ring PDQ if interested on 01373 814666

They are very friendly and helpful.

I might be interested in the RB day...  Just scared I might like it  

Come on you know you want to...  and hot off the press, they are considering a DPV try day early next year, date and price TBA but I have put my name down as a very interested if the price is right.

Matt.  As for the twinset thingymebob,  if you want to hook up after Christmas you can give mine a try for the day (yep a whole day, not just a dive,  won't charge £35 but might insist on the hot drinks
).  Hey I might even be persuaded to switch halfway through so you can try 10's and 7's.

Daz

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

Daz

I don't mind a dip there in the new year..  Have you done the tunnel yet
? I've looked at it from both ends..  

Sean

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi Sean,

I love the tunnel, a day at Vobster without doing the tunnel is a missed opportunity for me.

Usually the vis in the tunnel can be a bit hit and miss, weekends it can vary from 1m to nil.  Yesterday really did blow me away.  First dive we went straight to the tunnel entrance, vis on the way was excellent.  The tunnel was fantastically clear, mid week, first divers onsite probably had a lot to do with it.

At the far end of the tunnel, I could see the crushing works in perfect silouhette (amazingly atmospheric) and the holes through the wall into the crushing works were in perfect view (Nothing was kicked up at all).  Went through the right hand hole, had a look around and back out the left hand hole.

Headed across to the boat and the viz was 10m easy on plateau between the tunnel and boat.  Had a look around the boat and back to shore.

Without doubt, the best days diving I have had at Vobster in many trips (I always enjoy it no matter what the conditions  
).

More than happy to hook up for a dip Sean, new year or before.   Weekends are OK with me, but if possible the joys of diving Vobster midweek are superb.

Total divers onsite yesterday was 5 first thing, Myself, Steve L, Neill, Cliff and Paul.  and 4 others turned up in the afternoon.

I was also down there midweek some weeks back and it was just me and my mate all day.

Also yesterday as we were getting in on our second dive, we jokingly put our orders in and the guy in the food shack had a cup of tea and bacon and egg sandwich ready for us after the dive.  Top service.

Daz

For those who don't know.   The tunnel is only recommend for those with overhead or similar experience.  Straight tunnel starting at 15m ish and down to 20m ish.  Line on the roof and wide enough for two divers to go side by side.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Daz you tempt me too much.

Guys
I've mailed them for some info re: quals and what units are going to be available on the RB day. And if we get to dive any twins.

Daz how about Stoney in Feb for that loan? Knowing what our weather is like in Jan I'm sure if we arrange something definite like Vobster it'll go belly up due to some freak snow storm, but as we are all doing Stoney anyway it will be perfect weather.
Well here's hoping anyway.
Thanks very much for the offer.

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

The offer stands Matt, be it Vobster, NDC or Stoney, whether it's Jan, Feb or otherwise.

Daz

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

Daz,

If you fancy a midweek dip at Vobster (or NDC) anytime after the 17th Dec let me know.  I live in South Wales so not far to travel and I'll only be kicking my heels otherwise.

Cheers

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Hi Angus,

I reached for the calender as soon as I saw your post.

I have some time off as well  

I have to fit a bathroom  

Maybe I can sneak another day off or get the bathroom fitted damn quick.

I'll give you a shout,  but I am sure we can sort something out.

Daz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts