YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
initially i thought i would use cabble-ties to attach the clips to my hoses. however seeing as they don't last long and that everyone else has them attached by nylon reel string and fiddly looking knots i was wondering if anyone could post a link as to where i can find a 'how to' for the type of knot people use.

dd
:teeth:

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
I tie mine with a fisherman's knot (sometimes called grapevine knot by colonials). Reef knots run the risk of becoming slipknots if you catch them the wrong way, fisherman's/grapevine is self-tightening (used for joining climbing ropes together, prussik loops, etc) and will lay in-line along the length of the cord being tied (unlike a reef knot which stands proud).

True YD style, splitting hairs over a knot... I never thought it would happen to me :D

Cheers,

Stuart

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another problem with tying knots

Certain forms of line have 'memory' ie want to reform as a 'nice, straight' line as it was made, so can undo a reef knot or fishermans knot. This is not a problem with any supple line that stays scrunched up, and usually not with braided lines.

alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts