YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Maltese Pea Cake
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sepp Blatter and his cronies. Are they bent, corrupt, on the take or just mis guided honest, squeeky clean persons doing their best for football above and beyond any personal goals........like money perhaps?

Cheers

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
and now it appears Qatar bought the 2022 world cup.....well who'd have thought it!!

I think corruption in one form or another is endemic in most large businesses.

·
Team peanut butter (rescue diver)
458 Posts
and now it appears Qatar bought the 2022 world cup.....well who'd have thought it!!

I think corruption in one form or another is endemic in most large businesses.
Whilst it certainly appears that fifa is endemically corrupt (largely because they have no interest in resolving the problems), I think the the statement about ALL businesses is a little overdoing it - I know of due diligence stopping deals dead when evidence of bribes has been uncovered in areas of the world where it is common practice

·
Weasily recognised or stoatily different?
1,130 Posts
Whilst it certainly appears that fifa is endemically corrupt (largely because they have no interest in resolving the problems), I think the the statement about ALL businesses is a little overdoing it - I know of due diligence stopping deals dead when evidence of bribes has been uncovered in areas of the world where it is common practice
Indeed - and the new Bribery Act will make it harder for companies operating in the UK to indulge in "dubious" practices, and give clarification as to what is/isn't acceptable.
For instance - those handbags the FA gave away in their attempt to bribe (sorry make welcome) visiting dignataries during their campaign to try and get the World Cup - would they be allowable?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
As if that's not bad enough, the council of wisdom is made up of Johann Cruyff (fair enough), Henry Kissinger (a bit odd but a nobel winning dimplomat) and Placido Domingo, yes, that Placido Domingo. I suppose at least he sung on the World Cup 1990 song, making him more in tune to football than most of FIFA.

It sounds like the start of a joke, which I suppose is what it is.

Just in case the authorities here in Qatar are watching, I'm sure the 2022 bid was completely legitimate :zip:

Arfie ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts