YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hiya

just toying with the idea of a trip to Fiji.
Does anyone have any hints, tips, recommendations regarding dive centres, sites etc...they would care to share?

cheers
Roy

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Roy I have been and will give you the details I know when I have a minute. If I dont post back in a couple of days then PM me, it will mean I have forgotten

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Roy, Fiji is a great place but the diving was dissapointing. I had been there two years earlier and the coral and colours were fantastic. This year was sad, the coral looked like it was dying off. Just dived the coral coast so can't comment on the rest of the main Island or the outer Islands.

If diving isn't your main priority then it is a wonderful and diverse place to go for a holiday. Very reasonable prices or top notch if that's what you want. Sorry not more info but after the diving was a washout then basically just chilled out. Suva was a complete dive and pestered for the whole time we were there. Beware of taxi drivers, haggle and they are cheap but not reliable.

Have a great time if you decide to go.  

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks Phil,

the whole reason behind thinking of going there was to spend a week diving somewhere new. So, given your experience, I think I will have to look somewhere else.

Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts