YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I am trying to add a picture to a post and after I have browsed for my file in the file attachment window at the bottom of the page, it looks like its loading then tells me the page can't be found.

What am I doing wrong ?  

Fiona

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fiona,
           It's maybe too big! I'm not too sure how to find out how big the picture you're trying to upload is though.

Peter

· Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>hi fiona

when you find the pic you want to post, right click on it, select properties, from this you should be able to see how big the file is, the maximum size allowed on this forum is 30720 bytes (this is stated to the left of the file attachment window)

if your file is bigger than this you will need to educe the size of it, this can be done in most grafix programs

if you need further help, please ask

steve

· Registered
5,960 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Sep. 24 2003,12:25)]But the files sizes are 360KB, 398KB and 582KB.  doing them one at a time.

FB
<font color='#0000FF'>That is is where the problem is, they are 12 times too big, it has to be 30.720kb or less, that is if my maths is correct.
Don't worry I was constantly getting this wrong before I finally clicked.

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Imported post

Fiona,
      It's still 4X too big. You have 125,000bytes and the most it'll take is 30,700bytes. You'll need to keep shrinking it down my dear. I hope it's worth it as we're all waiting

Peter

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Peter, I have word documents bigger than this.

I never was very good with decimal points, now I know why I don't have any money.

I'll post and try one, you might be very disappointed its not that interesting only wanted to know how.

FB

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Think I have the hang of it now, sorry to bore you with Mantas.

Thanks for your patience, but sorry if they are not exciting enough.

They don't look very sharp - any advice ?

FB

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Sep. 24 2003,16:07)]....sorry to bore you with Mantas.

Thanks for your patience, but sorry if they are not exciting enough.
Fiona,

you did nothing of the sort (boring us) and the pictures are well worth waiting for. Beautiful in fact. Where was this? Lankan Teella (Manta Point) Northern Male Atoll? Cleaning station at between 8 and 12 metres depth? Top site, did it 3 times in one week and got a veritable 'Manta Ballet' each time with at least 7 Mantas at anyone time.

Glad you got it squared away.

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Bren

Cant remember the exact location but it was our last day so not to far from Male.

Cleaning station was at 16 metres, we arrived 6 mins into the dive just as the first one was arriving we spent the next 48 minutes there and had to leave as we were into deco only a few minutes, I have a nice dive profile of flat line.  There were 7 of them in total infact there were 7 all at once then one went and came back.  It's all on the video in fact the video had to be extented as there was so much action.  It is a dive I will never forget.  

Just to clarify obviously I didn't take the pictures as I am on it, at one stage when a Manta was over me and I couldn't hold my breath any longer I had to breath out and startled one a bit.  

Fiona

· A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,284 Posts
Imported post

I Loooooooovvvvvv Mantas. Great pics too

I am so jealous. I went all the way to the Maldives in August for two weeks to see the Mantas and didn’t see one  

I asked to be taken to a Manta cleaning station and was told it was not possible

They just went round and round the island we were on. The diving was good but not that good. Best bit of the trip was finally getting them off the island and going to do the Victory wreck.

ATB

Mark Chase

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Mark

We went with Maldives Squba tours who were great.  We were also there in August we went quite a long way north in the two weeks.  Liveaboard definately the best way to do it.

We had Mantas on nearly every dive along with Eagle Rays, Feathertail rays and the list goes on.

Fiona

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks Adrian, I have a very computer literate colleague and even I couldn't work out the byte size.  We had to download photoshop to do them, but now I have that, I can play to my hearts content.  If only I didn't have to do some work as well

Thanks again for your patience guys.  Women eh!!

FB

· Registered
13,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, Bren got a location,

Lankanfinolhu which is dive 31 on the map just near Paradise Resort North Male Atoll, strange place it reminded me of the film Waterworld.  Just off the island there was a sand bar with one palm tree we passed it in the afternoon and there were two sun loungers on it complete with towels.  Then when I had my camera ready they had taken the chairs off.

Fiona

· Registered
12,115 Posts
Imported post

Yep,

As I thought, Lankan Teella (subermerged coral head). Top dive and one I hope to return to time and time again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.