YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello folks !

Well after much mithering, I've finally joined YD.  My name is Karen Hamlet, I'm AOW and have been diving for about 4 years.  Some of you may recognise my name.  That is because I have already been on two YD trips, both Anglesey trips last year, without actually joining.  This is due to the fact that my other half and diving buddy is Dave J.  I kind of classed it as a joint membership!  At both trips, Bren introduced me as 'Dave's lovely wife' even though we are not married!  Nice one Bren.  I have not done a lot of diving in the last twelve months because I am training to be an accountant (somebody has to be!) and I am in the final stages.  Hopefully by this summer, I will be free of the textbooks and back in the water.  Having said that, I will be at the Stoney Trip in feb, looking forward to it.  Looking forward to meeting up with some of you then.  But be warned folks, I don't drink (so don't ask me) and I'm pretty handy with a camera, so your worst moments may just end up on the forum!  Hee Hee!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Karen,

having not accompanied you on those YD trips I can't put a face to the name but welcome never the less, and i look foward to meeting you at the stoney jamboree when no doubt i will end up on film doing embarassing things again

Mary

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Don't drink, I'm sure there's a rule somewhere about that.

"What goes on tour stays on tour" aka rubgy club  
Zoom lolly and all

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Karen JH @ Jan. 11 2004,18:57)]...I have not done a lot of diving in the last twelve months because I am training to be an accountant (somebody has to be!) ...
Where does it say somebody has to be an accountant?  Must have been a printing error 'nobody' is the correct term.

Welcome Karen to YD.

Adrian

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Karen and I look forward to seeing you again sometime,  always a pleasure to meet up with yourself and Dave.

Daz

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Karen

It's always nice to see new people joining the forum, it means there is more chance that I'll get that last minuit dive or someone will know the answer to that nagging question.

Welcome.

James

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Karen, Darling!!

Welcome to YD, finally! It was indeed, as it is always, a pleasure to meet up with you and Dave and chew the fat and laff like drains - BOTH those Anglesey gigs have included, in large part, from memory, me and you two laughing our heads off! So yes, I look forward to buying you a lemonade (and possibly a sweet-sherry for Dave
) or three and the Stoney

See ya there and good luck with the exams!!

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

About bloody time too.....!!!

Are you joining us this weekend

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Karen,

Welcome to YD. Hope you do great with your exams. I have a friend who qualified a couple of years ago and she works Bloody hard. Poor girl has just left KPMG to get a life. Take care and hope to see you at Stoney or on a Trip with Dave

Dave C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts