YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some of the springy buckle things to keep your feet in the fins (no idea what there called). I have Avanti Quattro fins and just taken the existing buckle off. Now i notice there is a sticky out bit on the knob (not my discription but the wifes) which means it doesnt allow the catch of the new buckle to go over it. Am i stuffed? Or if i remove the sticky out bit am i alright or is there something i'm missing - apart from the ability to describe what the hell i'm on about. So i've include some links to photos that might help

IMG_0456 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and

IMG_0459 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
on last legs
890 Posts
try pushing on the new buckle by placing the sticky out bit on the fin knob:p first and then pushing the rest of the ring over.put the buckle on at either the 6 or 12 o'clock position.Once its on - turn the buckle 90 degrees and voila :D
Hope that helps :D
safe bubbles

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that and it stops the buckle from coming all the way around, now i could force it and effectivly remove the blockage. However, i'm not sure why its there and if by me removing it si going to cuase me any problems later.

·
on last legs
890 Posts
does it fit over the top to start with? if it does - turn the buckle so it's in the normal position, and then pull on the buckle so that the knob sits in the small hole. I seem to remember that mares fin knobs have a small lump on them so that you can only turn the buckles on one direction.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i'd get rid of the sticky out bit. you're next task may then be keeping your new straps on :eek:mg: - a cable tie works wonders.

looks like you have the same cheapo straps as me. they're great, god knows why anyone pays more for these things. they work really well.

·
Slippery when wet
281 Posts
I had the same problem with the sticky out bits. I just cut them off and have had no problems. Been using the spring for well over a year now.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
However, i'm not sure why its there and if by me removing it si going to cuase me any problems later.
It's there to ensure that the buckle can only be removed from the fin when it's in a certain position thus ensuring that it doesn't fall off if you leave the 2 parts of the buckle unfastened.

HTH

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the prompt response, green alround:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts