YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't just be me this, as it happens on my computer at home, and the one at work.

I'm using the latest version of FF 2.0.0.2 or something like that, with Windoze XP... but when I go to reply to a post on YD, it bugs out on me (seems to be after I've hit the return key). Then when I go back to the shortcut on my desktop it gives me the option to restore the old session...I've not noticed it on any other forums, but then again, I don't really post on any others!

Been happening since the big upgrade on YD a few weeks back, but I think I also upgraded FF at the same time...

Anyone else getting this?

Pete

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Seems ok on FF 1.5.0.11. Haven't dared goto version 2 yet.

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
I'm on FF 2.0.0.3 on OSX and have no probs.... although I do think its slower than 1.5 but maybe thats just me.

Cheers

Adam

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
It's eith a forum thing, or at least a V Bulletin thing.

Firefox has being doing this with me on a number of versions, including 2.0.0.3 - It is a right pain.

I have had this on at least two forums, YD and another V Bulletin one. I can't be more specific as I have lost count on the number of times it crashes during a response to a message :angry:

·
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's eith a forum thing, or at least a V Bulletin thing.

Firefox has being doing this with me on a number of versions, including 2.0.0.3 - It is a right pain.

I have had this on at least two forums, YD and another V Bulletin one. I can't be more specific as I have lost count on the number of times it crashes during a response to a message :angry:
Glad it wasn't just me... I was beginning to think I was going a bit mad! Hopefully Jay has sorted it his end.

Pete

(So far it hasn't done it to me on this posting...)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Ok - do you have any debugging plug-ins added to FF? The fact that it works on some peoples' FF and not others would suggest that something else is interfering with the browser's settings. I really need to know more than "it crashes" to be able to identify possible code issues.

I haven't changed any settings as there are none for me to change!!

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Ok - do you have any debugging plug-ins added to FF? The fact that it works on some peoples' FF and not others would suggest that something else is interfering with the browser's settings. I really need to know more than "it crashes" to be able to identify possible code issues.

Mine, which works, has got the optional DOM inspector installed.

Jason

·
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Err... ummmm... probably not... :redface:

Typical this, hasn't bloody done it since I posted the problem...

·
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just happened again...

got this from the error message

AppName: firefox.exe AppVer: 1.8.20070.30919 ModName: firefox.exe
ModVer: 1.8.20070.30919 Offset: 0045a668

if that means anything?

Pete

·
to far from a ocean
468 Posts
Since upgrade? to 2 on ff the pc locks just stops nothing will get it going again, cad does diddle so Its coming off to see if its that but its the only thing to be changed so far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts