YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello fellow phototakers...

I posted a few of the best pics on the mull trip report but I will add a few more here. I am fairly happy given that i am still learning how to use this camera.

One thing i need to sort out before next trip is setting up some of the mymode settings. after 20 mins in the water at 8 degree centigrade my hands barely function and trying to press one little button whilst turning a knob to adjust say the flash or Machro is nearly impossible! I would be interested to see other people suggested mymode settings.

All in all i was really pleased with the results I got. usual problem with backscatter from using the on board flash and I found that using a torch to light from the side makes loads of difference. I will invest in a strobe once i can justify it, also using a torch means you can see what you are taking the pic of.

I tested the housing on its own to 48m and pressed all the buttons with no ingress of water, it's rated to 40m.

So now for some pics

I havent done anything with photoshop on these except for just cropping them to improve the composition....

This one is Lochaline and taken in SHQ mode (although it's compressed down to 700 pixels wide to put on here so you cant see the quality, it's stunning) butthen the sound of Mull is so beautiful anyhow.

velvet crab

starfish

machro crab

kelp, using just natural light

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

dahlia anenome

crab

coral

anenome underneath the hispania (it's not upside down!)

I took about 300 pics over 3 days and deleted about half of them due to bad composition, out of focus, camera shake, or what thehell was that anyway?
I havent really looked at all of them and havent messed with any yet so these are the raw thing from the camera.

I am well and truely bonded with my new toy!

Jules

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Jules,

Some very nice photos you have there. The macro crabs eyes are great! Look forward to seeing some more soon.

All the best,

Ian

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Julia - excellent pics - the anenome under the boat is spot on !!

keep them coming....

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Well done, Julia! I'm impressed.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Nice work Jules, that macro function works a treat, afraid my handful of pix I took aren't as good as yours but I'll put a couple up tomorrow

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Very good results Julia, I'm suitably impressed.

James  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Good effort! Get in touch with Tim about the MyMode settings - he's got his pretty much sorted. As I understand it he gets it set before he jumps in so it eliminates all the underwater button pressing that you've been having difficulty with.

But that said, you seem to be doing just fine on your own. Cracking pictures!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Very nice pics, Julia! If you ask me it seems you're a natural when it comes to finding good motives.
Now let's see how well YOU do the whitebalance thing  

Kyrre

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Brilliant pic's Julia!

I must get a macro lens soon!!!

Scubachick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts